News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 latest firmware - cannot receive inbound GVoice calls

Started by DAVEHH, April 04, 2012, 12:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve001

I also noticed that when a call is made to my GV number from a phone number that is registered in my Circle of Trust, the call does not connect to the Obi Attendant and is instead routed to voicemail after several rings. 

RonR

QBZappy

Steve001,

It seems there are problems with GV. There are several people reporting this on the forum.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mintz

I have same problem...
It happened since yesterday.

Saltine

It is doing the same thing with me.  I do have a different Gvoice number on my Razor w/ Verizon and it is working with no problems.  Fortunately, I have another SIP number I am able to forward the gvoice number to configured on my Obi. The forwarding works.

BenP

I'm dealing with similar issues but with an added twist.  I updated my software tonight and after the update I cannot receive inbound calls, but I also cannot dial out.  I have no dial tone on the phone at all.  I've gone through my settings and do not see anything that has changed. 

I'm not even sure where to look from here.

RonR

Quote from: BenP on April 09, 2012, 06:57:44 PM
I have no dial tone on the phone at all.  I've gone through my settings and do not see anything that has changed. 

No particular settings are required to get dialtone.  A totally unconfigured OBi at factory defaults should produce dialtone.

onecanobi

since firmware update inbound calls are no longer coming in as they should, but GV is forwarding to other number (is also a hit or miss since it's a cell phone) while through obitalk it's not ringing at all.
to me it seems like the timing has somehow changed between the previous firmware to now as to when the first ring should happen.

onecanobi

Since having this problem after the MOST RECENT firmware update on the obi100, and trying all sorts of different things, I ended up doing a hard-reset (soft clears didn't work), and deregistering it from my obi devices, and then re-adding everything from scratch as if it was a brand new device.

All of a sudden everything is working again.