News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Inbound calls just plain stopped tonight?

Started by aot2002, April 05, 2012, 06:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aot2002

Inbound calls are not working tonight all of a sudden.

Nothing shows up under obitalk history for inbound calls
The incoming number does show up under google voice history
I do have the google chat checked.

I've not adjusted anything for 6+ months....

Firmware is up to date.
Outbound calls work perfect.

OBI Talk 100 device

marcone

I'm having the same issue. I can place outgoing calls, but incoming calls don't ring my phone.

richardcoop

Phone service was intermittent today.

Everything working fine then, today can't call out, can't call in. Sometimes I get the 503 error message when I try to call out. Sometimes people get voicemail when they call in, sometimes not. I've received parts of other peoples voice mails. **9 222 222 2222 echo test works OK.

It looks to me like google voice is giving me major problems.

Wife in as tizzy. This makes me feel that I am in a third world country.

pc44

Me three... outgoing works but incoming seemed to just choke up earlier today.  Of course, this has happened before.  The call shows in GV but not in the Obi.  Wonder if GV is failing to properly route the call to our selected forwarding choice.

RonR

Incoming Google Voice calls are not making it to my OBi's either at the moment.  I was receiving incoming calls normally earlier.  All incoming calls ultimately go to Google Voice voicemail at the moment.

Outgoing calls were also working normally earlier, but are now succeeding and failing randomly.

RonR

Quote from: richardcoop on April 05, 2012, 07:30:27 PM

When it comes to VoIP, you need a backup provider if telephone service is really important to you.  You might consider putting a Pay As You Go SIP provider on SP2 for those periods when Google Voice is unreliable.  It will only cost you two cents a minute or less and only when you use it.

NDman

Just wanted  to add that I am having the same problem. Out-going is fine, but in-coming just flat out would not ring, and eventually went to the GV voice mail. When I tried to call in (using my own cell phone) to my "home/Obi/GV" phone, it connects, but the phone didn't ring and went I tried to pick it up, it was just a ring tone.

I don't think I've changed anything and it seems like it could be a system problem, but not a local (my) problem?

Bombay

I have been not getting any inbound calls since about 5pm PST. Been searcing for answers, thinking one of the kids pressed the "***81" by mistake and reset the OBI 110.

I tried calling a few numbers from google voice web page, and got an error " we cannot connect to this number at this time due to a system error. Please try again later." hope this helps.

RonR

Quote from: Bombay on April 05, 2012, 07:58:05 PM
Been searcing for answers, thinking one of the kids pressed the "***81" by mistake and reset the OBI 110.

If you set:

System Management -> Device Admin -> IVR -> Password : (numeric PIN)

and don't give the kids the PIN, you can avoid that happening.

Parag

I was having this issue also... It might be Gmail chat issue.

I put the obi on DMZ, move it front of modem and still it didn't not ring.

In GV, I put my cell phone and gmail chat as forward and my cell phone was ringing but not obi.
So I turned off obi and login to gmail and gmail chat and call my # and gmail chat didn't ring...

Edit: Anyone having issue with outgoing now?
I get error 503 when dialing out now. Outgoing was working an hr ago.

dlee

I am having the same problem -- no inbound calls are reaching my obi110. I can only make outbound calls. I noticed this problem this evening.

Earlier this morning inbound calls were reaching my obi110.

richardcoop

Quote from: RonR on April 05, 2012, 07:46:45 PM
Quote from: richardcoop on April 05, 2012, 07:30:27 PM

When it comes to VoIP, you need a backup provider if telephone service is really important to you.  You might consider putting a Pay As You Go SIP provider on SP2 for those periods when Google Voice is unreliable.  It will only cost you two cents a minute or less and only when you use it.

If inbound calls to google voice isn't working I don't see how it helps if you have a working SIP provider on SIP2 for incoming calls. Friends don't try multiple numbers. Am I missing something?

We have cell phones as backups but mostly use the Obi.

bbarker

Same problem here, outgoing works fine, incoming calls don't ring and eventually go to voice mail.

yoryb

The same here. "503" error for outgoing calls and all calls going directly to google voice. Really bad situation.

chawk

Same here, outgoing works fine, incoming calls doesn't ring and eventually goes to G VMail.

cc4chung

Same here.  It was working last night and suddenly not working today. >:(

SimonD

Add me to the list. I also have a Sipgate a/c on a separate ATA connected via the Line port on the Obi. Redirecting my GV calls to Sipgate doesn't work either - everything just goes to GV V-Mail.

Can Call out fine from GV and or the SP2 provider just incoming calls to my GV don't ring the Obi nor does it seem GV can forward to my Sipgate number.

Weird. Hopefully GV sort themselves out fairly soon.

StupendousMan

Having the same issue.  incoming calls have been going to GV mail.   Shortly after 5 PM this started.

dhobi

Same issue here. Hopefully GV didn't break it on purpose so we can no longer use our OBI devices with it.

analogmonster

same issue.
11:58 pm, pacific time. Currently no inbound or outbound. code 503 reported.

Thought it might be because I updated the firmware a couple of days ago. looks like coincidence. isn't that just so much fun for troubleshooting?