News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

incoming through google Voice + Autoattendent -Resolved

Started by n00bitalk, April 08, 2012, 11:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n00bitalk

Hello All,

Does the 110 have the ability to receive a call on a Googlevoice line and bridge out to the PSTN?  I've searched for documentation but was unable to find anything. There is a mention of circle of trust on the PSTN and obitalk iines but, I haven't seen anything else.

I'd like to be able to call from the PSTN to a googlevoice #. Then use the Auto Attendent to be able to call out on the PSTN. I've been able to do this from obitalk to obitalk. When call the GV # from my Cell-Phone (and it's in the circle of trust) I don't reach the attendant, the handset attached to the 110 rings.

<Resolution>
As suggested by forum members  below:
1. verify caller ID data by going to the caller Logs.
     Caller Log was accessed by entering "expert configuration" and viewing the last 10 callers
2. Update trusted callers with the full Caller ID data.
     Previously i had listed. 123-456-1234 . Caller ID was showing 1-123-456-1234

Thanks

Stewart

It should work.  Check the OBi's Call History for the failing call and note exactly how your cell phone number displays.  I believe that on a call via GV it will be 11 digits (1 + areacode + number).  The entry in your circle-of-trust must match that exactly.

If the above is not your issue, log into the OBi and check Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute.  Make sure that your cell phone number appears there in the proper format.

jimates

When you place a number in the circle of trust it only adds it to the PSTN inboundcallroute. Calling in to the PSTN will reach the AA, calling in on another service will not.

You have to add the number manually to the proper call route and reach the AA.

Stewart

Quote from: jimates on April 08, 2012, 12:14:41 PM
When you place a number in the circle of trust it only adds it to the PSTN inboundcallroute.
Sorry, I didn't know that.  What happens on an OBi100?  (It wouldn't make much sense for it to do nothing.)

RonR

When you place a number in the circle of trust it only adds it to the PSTN inboundcallroute. Calling in to the PSTN will reach the AA, calling in on another service will not.

This is not correct.  Numbers added to the OBiTALK Circle of Trust unconditionally create Auto Attendant InboundCallRoute rules on SP1, SP2, and the LINE Port (if an OBi110).  This is true even if the trunk is not otherwise configured.

RonR

Quote from: n00bitalk on April 08, 2012, 11:32:39 AM
I'd like to be able to call from the PSTN to a googlevoice #. Then use the Auto Attendent to be able to call out on the PSTN. I've been able to do this from obitalk to obitalk. When call the GV # from my Cell-Phone (and it's in the circle of trust) I don't reach the attendant, the handset attached to the 110 rings.

This is likely due to a CallerID mismatch.  Log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify you have the following setting:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

where 12341234567 is the CallerID (as shown in the OBi Call History) that you wish to be sent to the Auto Attendant.

n00bitalk

Thanks everyone,

You guys were correct. It was that my caller ID was adding the 1 . I was able to verify this through the call logs, as suggested. (The handset on the 110 doesn't have a display, so I couldn't see it there).  The other thing I noticed is that I have the "match" value unchecked and it was listed as the 10 digits. My understanding is that it should still be okay as 10 digits is still within the 11 digits shown by the caller ID.  Despite that quirk, I've updated my circle and now it is working.

jimates

Quote from: RonR on April 08, 2012, 02:50:04 PM

This is not correct.  Numbers added to the OBiTALK Circle of Trust unconditionally create Auto Attendant InboundCallRoute rules on SP1, SP2, and the LINE Port (if an OBi110).  This is true even if the trunk is not otherwise configured.

When did this change? When I add a number to my trusted callers it only adds it to the POTS-line InboundCallRoute.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on April 08, 2012, 08:30:08 PM
When did this change? When I add a number to my trusted callers it only adds it to the POTS-line InboundCallRoute.

AFAIK, it has always been this way.

Don't you use a custom InboundCallRoute on SP1/SP2 using OBi Expert?  If so, you're on your own.  Circle-of-Trust will have no effect on any InboundCallRoute that you're maintaining yourself.

jimates

Ah yea, so we both left some important info out of our posts. Yours includes it but could be stated in a more simple form.

RonR

Quote from: jimates on April 08, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
Ah yea, so we both left some important info out of our posts.

I didn't.  Any setting you take control of with OBi Expert is no longer controlled by anyone but you.

jimates

This is true even if the trunk is not otherwise configured.

I think it should be "only if the trunk is not ........."

just makes it easier to read.
I know what you say, but some newbie might think "what the hell is a trunk".

RonR

Quote from: jimates on April 08, 2012, 08:53:49 PM
This is true even if the trunk is not otherwise configured.

That's an accurate statement.  The InboundCallRoute is set even if the trunk is not configured (meaning there is no service provider configured on that trunk).  That's a totally separate issue from going into OBi Expert and taking control of a setting.

jimates

You said I was incorrect. I was, for some situations/configurations, not all. You could have point out exactly when my statement did not apply. Which would likely be beneficial to other newbies.

When I said we left something out of our posts, what I meant was that we both could have included one more statement that would have explained it.

Neither your nor my first post in this thread mentioned the fact that the COT is disrupted from normal Obitalk configuration (if the user has made manual changes).