News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Click-to-call? How to instruct my Obi to dial?

Started by dani, April 11, 2012, 08:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dani

Is there any way in the Obi's wonderful web interface, that I could put a phone nr and have it dial out?

Can it take "instructions" from somewhere besides the keypad of the phone set plugged to it?

Besides changed stored parameters, the only actual Instructions that I found on the web interface is Reboot.

Thanks

Dani

QBZappy

dani,

You can always use the OBiAPP with the speed dials that are setup on the web interface.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

dani

QBZappy: thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'm on linux and that app seems to work only on windows.

RonR: were you refering at OBiAPP , too? Or something else. I browse that admin guide and didn't find anything else.
It would be nice to know a bit about how the app talks to the Obi.

Thanks

Added: It seems that even the app doesn't talk to the Obi directly, as it asks for a softphone to be also installed. Hmmm...

RonR

Quote from: dani on April 11, 2012, 09:55:02 AM
RonR: were you refering at OBiAPP , too? Or something else. I browse that admin guide and didn't find anything else.
It would be nice to know a bit about how the app talks to the Obi.

Thanks

Added: It seems that even the app doesn't talk to the Obi directly, as it asks for a softphone to be also installed. Hmmm...

OBihai doesn't document anything past what you find in the OBi Device Administration Guide.  The OBiTALK Service protocol is not described anywhere.

Rather than write an OBiON application for the PC, Obihai chose to wite a small SIP-to-OBiTALK protocol interface.  You can use it or simply stick with a SIP client only by itself using Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP.

QBZappy

dani,

I tried the firefox addon "Telify". It is a utility that can make web calls. I thought it could work. It picks up telephone numbers on a web page and dials out using a sip softphone. However the speed dial numbers for some reason are not recognized by the addon. It is not displayed as a web telephone number. Perhaps someone with web page design experience can explain the reason.

For other web browser calls it works quite well.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

dani

Thanks to both.

My goal is not to call from the computer, but have the computer initiate a call connecting the physical phone set to an external nr.

So far I've been doing it with a tropo script, but was looking for a more direct way.

Cheers

Dani

Stewart

If the provider you want to use for the call has a click-to-call feature, you could programmatically perform the necessary web accesses to initiate the call.

In the case of GV, this command-line program may help; you would simply call it from your application, passing the required arguments.  http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22093519-Proggy-Update-Google-Voice-dialer~start=140

QBZappy

dani,

A simple and direct way to make an outgoing call using the phone attached to the OBi is to add contact in GV contact list, then call within the GV  web page. Make a call selecting "Phone to call with Google Talk" (optional "Remember my choice").

GV will ring the OBi phone and then place the outgoing call.