News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 and google voice issues

Started by archbishop, April 08, 2012, 11:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archbishop

I have an Obi110 at home, with a landline phone plugged into it.  My GV account is set up to ring my google talk account, and my cellphone.  I'm having consistent problems receiving calls, and inconsistent problems making them.

When my google voice number is called, the landline phone and my cellphone both ring.  If I pick up the landline, the cellphone keeps ringing, it's as if GV is ignoring the obi.  When I pick up the cellphone, the call is completed.

When I make a call from my obi/landline, sometimes it goes through just fine.  More often, I hear one ring, then a click, then dead air.

If I make a call from google talk in my web browser, it works fine.

I know the obi must be set up and connected correctly, or else it wouldn't be possible for some outgoing calls to connect.  But something is clearly wrong, since some outgoing and all incoming calls fail.

How can I diagnose and fix this problem?  Thanks.

archbishop

Some additional clarification: I got the obi110 about 5 months ago, and it worked fine until a few weeks ago.  The problems I described are new.

jefffay

Make sure that your firmware is up to date. My issues (that previously weren't) were solved by simply updatint the firmware through the obitalk settings page (on the obitalk website)

archbishop

I updated the firmware to 1.3.0 (Build: 2690) tonight, but it did not help.  After a whole lot of messing around, I finally did a hard factory reset with a paper clip, reconfigured all my settings, and now incoming and outgoing calls are working.  Hopefully I won't need to do this very often.

mehungry

I have an Obi100 with the latest firmware. I also have the problem when I make calls, hear one ring, then hear complete silence. Sometimes, the call goes through, and sometimes it doesn't. While there is dead air after one ring while constantly refreshing the call status log, it shows RTP Packetization, RTP Packet Count, and RTP Byte Count rx's all equal to 0.
     Resetting, power cycling, or downgrading to the 2669 revision didn't fix it for me. I've DMZ'ed the Obi, and also tried connecting it directly to the modem. Yet, still hearing dead air on some outbound calls after one ring.