News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Review OBI202

Started by oregonobi101, April 14, 2012, 08:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregonobi101

For sale on Amazon $74.99 or thereabouts.  Come on someone! 

For me, selfishly, I want to know if this resolves the "I can't hear you" issue (party on other end gets broken up signal). 

I suspect I am not the only interested OBI100 or 101 user

earthtoobi

the deployment layout is also key for Obi202. if  the first thing you connect from your ISP is obi202 ( as a router) then you can expect the issues to go away (reason why obihai even went for option as a router). if it is behind a firewall/router, then that is the real usecase. obi behind a router is where people were struggling  with voice quality with all the different flavors of routers out there.

other thing to watch out for is if obi reserves more bandwidth than needed(when deployed as a router) for voice and throttles your internet connection for other devices/applications. this was a complaint with other boxes from competitors. we have to see how good obi202 performs that task.

Ostracus

Quote from: oregonobi101 on April 14, 2012, 08:43:55 AM
For sale on Amazon $74.99 or thereabouts.  Come on someone! 

For me, selfishly, I want to know if this resolves the "I can't hear you" issue (party on other end gets broken up signal). 

I suspect I am not the only interested OBI100 or 101 user

No doubt. Mine hasn't shipped yet.