News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Placing a call rings twice - then silence.

Started by leebo, April 13, 2012, 08:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leebo

I bought my Obi100 last August, 2011. I set it up with Google Voice.

It worked fine up until about 4 to 6 weeks ago. Sometimes when placing a call, it will ring twice, and then silence. If I re-dial, the same thing happens. Eventually I have to give up and use my cell.

But if I try another number, then the call goes through! If I call back the failed number, I get the two rings.

This has happened with several numbers so it's probably not an issue with the number I'm calling (besides, it just started happening a few weeks ago).

I tried re-booting my Obi but it did not help.
Any ideas?

RonR

Does the OBi Call History show the correct number being sent to Google Voice?

Does the problem also occur if you make the call from your Gmail account?

leebo

Thanks for your reply.

These are two things I will have to check after the next time I experience the issue. I usually give up after two or three tries and switch to my cell phone.

I assume I just log into my Obi account and look for "Call history"? I have never done that before.

*Edit: I went to my Obi Dashboard, but I don't see anything about a call log or call history there.

The next time it happens I will investigate your two questions.

RonR

Quote from: leebo on April 13, 2012, 08:27:25 PM
I assume I just log into my Obi account and look for "Call history"? I have never done that before.

You can view the Call History by logging into the OBi at the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  It's under Status in the left-hand navigation pane.

bbarker

I've been getting this same probably a lot recently.  Most of the time if I hang up and call back it works fine the 2nd time.  Both of us hear nothing on either end, but the Call Status page shows connected and the Call History looks exactly the same as a normal call.

Even though the Call Status page says connected, all the data looks like a normal call when it's ringing:
Terminal 1   Terminal 2
Terminal ID   PHONE1   GoogleVoice1
State   connected   connected
Peer Name      
Peer Number   1xxxxxxxxxx   1xxxxxxxxxx (typed over numbers with x to hide numbers)
Start Time   14:13:17   14:13:17
Duration   00:00:32   00:00:41
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
Peer RTP Address      209.85.225.127:19305(relay)
Local RTP Address      192.168.1.193:38638
RTP Transport      UDP
Audio Codec      tx=G711U; rx=
RTP Packetization (ms)      tx=20; rx=0
RTP Packet Count      tx=2074; rx=0
RTP Byte Count      tx=356728; rx=0
Peer Clock Differential Rate      
Packets In Jitter Buffer      
Packets Out-Of-Order      
Packets (10ms) Interpolated      
Packets Late (Dropped)      
Packets Lost      
Packet Loss Rate      
Packet Drop Rate      
Jitter Buffer Length      
Received Interarrival Jitter      
DTMF Digits Received      
Jitter Buffer Underruns      
Jitter Buffer Overruns      
Sequence number discontinuities      
skew compensation      
send silence      

isisdave

I have this problem too, but usually a retry will be successful.  I'm using it with Google voice, of course ... any idea if the problem is there, or with the Obi?

dg_102

I am experiencing the exact same problem. What I noticed is that actually there is a connection, saw it on voip.ms interface), the other side can hear me but I can not hear anything. On my side, I can hear a number of rings and then stops. When I rebooted the OBi, the problem stops.

Does anyone have any idea how can this thing be fixed?

Thank you,

dg.

livefortechnology

This has also begun happening to us without having prior issues and no configuration changes.  Not sure if it's google voice problem or obi problem but calls ring and connect and we hear dead air then we hang up re-call and the person says they answered and could hear us but we could not hear anything on our end.  Hope it gets resolved soon.

dg_102

It just happen again, considering that I rebooted last night, I am inclined to think that actually a reboot isn't something that is a temporary fix, it is just the randomness of the event that creates this illusion.

I am using voip.ms and I can see the two seconds connection in OBiHai Call History.

Terminal ID   PHONE1   SP1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   xxxxxxxxx   xxxxxx
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
18:20:49   New Call   
18:21:08      Call Connected
18:21:10   End Call   

I plan on filling a ticket with OBiHai support.

dg_102

To those that reported this error, does it happen to a specific number? I am in Canada and the phone number I call to and experience this error is serviced by ROGERS.

livefortechnology

No specific numbers, happens in waves to random numbers hanging up and calling back a second time I believe has always then resulted in a normal call (other than the called parties in essence being hung up on the first try).

everest1

I have this exact problem since the latest firmware upgrade.

I've rolled back to 2669, and it seems to be more stable now.

dg_102

I have filed a ticket and so far I had to join OBITalk and check the status of my router regarding SIP ALG. Now we are trying to eliminate any issue that could be related to voip.ms. I was advised to get a free account with CallCentric. Does anyone experience this issue with CallCentric or other voip providers so I don't have  to play with it too?

If every person that is experiencing this problem would file a ticket with OBiHai, perhaps it would help resolving this problem.

Thank you,

dg.

livefortechnology

No other callcentric or any other provider here on the obi.......SP1 and SP2 are both GV and a hardline in the line port.  I agree it only began happening after the last firmware update with no changes to our obi.  If it continues I'll open a ticket I can't believe with others having this issue they aren't working on a fix they are usually pretty good about testing and catching stuff like this.