News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Needs help to set-up

Started by sugars57, April 13, 2012, 11:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugars57

I am new and not a techie. I tried to read the posts and find solutions for my questions but maybe there were answers posted ,but since I am not a tech person there were terms and procedures that were confusing to me. I am wondering if there is a solution for my problem. I have an OBI 110 located in Asia which has a google voice account set up . I can call the  Google voice  number without any problem. I understand that there is an AA feature with OBI110 , and I am wondering if I can use this feature with my IPHONE Obion app to call international numbers land line - internet connection is not available . Or somehow access the OBI110 and then dial out to the international numbers. If this is possible ,can anyone help me set it up with step by step insructions please?

RonR

To use the Auto Attendant in the OBi, set the following:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {290123456>(Msp1):sp1},{290123456:aa},{ph}

where 12341234567 is your iPhone telephone number and 290123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBiON App on your iPhone.

When you call your Google Voice number from your iPhone, you should be connected to the Auto Attendant.

When you call the OBi's OBiTALK number from the OBiON App (**9 200123456), you should be connected to the Auto Attendant.

From the Auto Attendant, you can press 1 to ring the telephone connected to the OBi PHONE Port or press 2 to make a new call.  To make an international call, enter 011 + country code + number.

You should be also be able to make a call by directly dialing it from the OBiON App (for example, 18005551212 or 011 + country code + number).

Stewart

Quote from: sugars57 on April 13, 2012, 11:41:54 PM... I am wondering if I can use this feature with my IPHONE Obion app to call international numbers land line - internet connection is not available .
I'm having trouble understanding your request.  I hope that it's your contact who doesn't have an Internet connection.  If the iPhone doesn't, you won't be able to use the OBiON app, though call-through or callback via the OBi may still be useful.

To better understand what you are trying to accomplish, please let us know:  What country are you in?  What country is the OBi110 in?  It it connected to a landline?  What countries will you be calling from your iPhone?  Will the iPhone connect over Wi-Fi, cellular data, or the cellular voice path?

If you are in Asia (near the OBi) and calling the US or Canada, the setup suggested by RonR is perfect -- calls will be free and (with Wi-Fi or a strong 3G signal at a fixed location) quality should be excellent.  However, if you are trying to do the reverse (call with OBiON from the US to Asia via GV, through an OBi in Asia), you won't be happy with the results -- the round-trip path is six(!) times across the Pacific and latency will be awful.

sugars57

Thank you very much for all your help. I am located in the US.

1.) I will be using my Verizon unlimited data -IPHONE with OBION app.

2.) Obi 110 is currently located in Manila office ,Philippines. Connected to the internet with a phone.-no land line or local connection. Would it be possible to call other offices in the Philippines as well?

3.) Need to call Australia office . Land line or cellphone.

I hope this would be clearer. What would be the best type of installation?

Stewart

If you can connect the Manila OBi110 to a landline (and not have significant conflicts for use of it), that would be a good way for you to call other Manila numbers.  Depending on the landline plan, it may also be a good deal for other PH locations and for mobiles -- you'll need to compare rates with the VoIP providers.  Set up the OBi as detailed by RonR, except that you may want the AA's PrimaryLine to be PSTN Line.

For other international calls, IMO you should choose a provider that allows you to connect both by SIP (using a free or paid app on the iPhone) and as a "calling card".  The latter method will use your cellular minutes, but will be useful when the data connection is not good enough for decent VoIP, which is usually the case in a moving vehicle.

The ratings below are just my personal opinion.

Top quality / reliability: Callcentric, Anveo.

Lowest cost: a Betamax brand, see http://backsla.sh/betamax .  Some brands offer a one-call free trial to inexpensive destinations.

Middle of the road: CallWithUs, Future-Nine, VoIP.ms.

In addition to the above conventional VoIP providers, you might also look at Localphone and Rebtel, who have a more convenient calling card service.  Once set up, you dial a local number and it forwards automatically to your foreign contact.  Both offer a five-minute free trial.  Rebtel is higher quality (and more expensive).  With Rebtel, your contact can optionally hang up and call the (usually local) number shown as caller ID.  You are reconnected and the call is free to you (but your contact pays for a local call or cell minutes).  This only works to some countries, including AU but not PH.

Of the companies mentioned, all provide SIP access, except Rebtel (you use their app).  All have dedicated calling card access numbers, except Anveo and VoIP.ms; you must buy your own access number to use as a calling card.

Of course, you could use a second GV account to call overseas, though IMO it's not a good value for the countries you are calling.  Over Wi-Fi or celluar data, use Talkatone for GV; over cellular voice, just dial your GV number and at the main menu, press 2 to make a call.