News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting Up Caller ID shown Name and Number on OBI110 !!! HELP

Started by zen2, April 14, 2012, 06:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjmjpl

okay so everything works great except

sometimes i do not have a dial tone...and repeatedly during calls it will screech and then disconnect the call...

if i didnt have everything set up right it wouldnt work at all would it?  maybe i have one thing wrong but i just rechecked everything...and like i said when it works it works all the way through...

i rebooted the device but its happening repeatedly....any ideas

thank you!!

bjmjpl

bjmjpl

so after no suggestions...i just reset everything and deleted my device...

started over from scratch and i have everything set up and working but when i forward the call from gv to cc it does not ring my phone....it lands in cc voicemail so i know it is being forwarded but i am not getting the call...

if i re-check forward to google chat then my phone rings fine...when i uncheck it i get no ring or lcd notification of the call... not sure what i dont have set up right

thank you

QBZappy

1) I assume that the OBi registers with CC.

2) Your ITSP InboundCallRoute that you setup with CC has this "ph" in the route?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bjmjpl

thx QBZAPPY!

1. yes

2. no i dont think so....where do i find that info?

thx!

bjmjpl

it has this in the SP2>X_InboundCallRoute

{('myname'):aa},{ph1}

is that what you are describing?

thx!

QBZappy

do you see the call in the OBi Call history?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bjmjpl

aha - cool

no they are not....no inbounds...only outbound in call history

QBZappy

bjmjpl,

You need to uncheck the Chat in GV and make sure that the GV CF number to CC is correct.

I get the impression that GV is not forwarding the call to CC. Review the GV CF number to your CC account. Can you call that CC number from your cell. Don't need to pick up the call, just make it ring to make sure that part is working. If you don't pick up you won't be charged.

Try the following: In both of the following make sure CC shows registered in the OBi.
1) Call the CC number directly.
2) Call the GV number after you set up the CF (from a phone/cell not used to set up the GV account)

Check the call history of GV and CC if the phone does not ring. See where it has been recorded in the call detail. Proceed from what you find there. It will give you an indication of where to put your efforts.

jimates

The calls are forwarded to CC because they are in the CC voicemail. The problem has to be the setup on the Obi for CC.

From the dashboard, does it show as connected to CC?

bjmjpl

yes that is correct on both counts...

its def getting to CC but skipping the obi it seems...

and oddly it WAS registered in the dashboard but after it didnt work i followed all the directions like i did last time and shut off auto provisioning and it says registered in the CC website but you are right in the obi dashboard it says failed to register...

is there a list of steps i need to do to get this to work in one place - ive kinda been doing a bunch of things from different threads...

ill offer to make a concrete list once im done - i guess im missing something...

thx guys!

jimates

I have no experience with CC. If you turned off provisioning then the portal doesn't know what the status of anything on the Obi is. If it shows connected at CC and the device shows as connected then it must be a call route issue.

The only thing to verify is the inbound call route for SP2.

Voice Service -> SP2 -> X_InboundCallRoute  It must be ph or {ph}

bjmjpl

i put literally {ph} in Voice Service -> SP2 -> X_InboundCallRoute

is ph mean the phone number or literally "{ph}"?

if its literal than that doesnt do anything to help...except now it is consistently not even forwarding to CC...

do i have to change any digit maps?

thx for the help!!

QBZappy

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 24, 2012, 11:21:07 AM
i put literally {ph} in Voice Service -> SP2 -> X_InboundCallRoute

is ph mean the phone number or literally "{ph}"?

if its literal than that doesnt do anything to help...except now it is consistently not even forwarding to CC...
{ph} <- This

BTW it is confusing putting together the bits and pieces of info that you offer us. It is easy to understand something out of context. Show the full line configuration when you show your set up.

This is inbound route, the {ph} will not affect in any way the CF to CC ???

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 24, 2012, 11:21:07 AM
do i have to change any digit maps?

Not for what you are trying to do.

bjmjpl

ok sorry - let me try again....

all i am trying to do is forward GV to CC and have it ring the obi so i get CNAM then have CC catch the voicemail so i can have email attachment.

Everything except the ringing to the obi is working.

Except the unit seems to not have high quality whenever i start putting the code in for CC...its worked fine for months...

GV is connected and CC is registered on CC website and right now (it changes) it is REGISTER FAILED no response from server under STATUS

ITSP Profile B
SIP
ProxyServer = callcentric.com
ProxyServerPort = 5060

same for registrar server, user agent domain, and outbound proxy

SP2
X_InboundCallRoute = {('MYNAME'):aa},{ph1,ph2}

Authname and password are correct and i changed the password in text box and on the cc website prefereces to make sure...

does this help?  thx again - im really at a loss here...and im installing them for other people....

QBZappy

Quote from: bjmjpl on July 24, 2012, 04:38:03 PM
CC website and right now (it changes) it is REGISTER FAILED no response from server under STATUS

Well that explains things. Figure that out.

bjmjpl

okay days of back and forth and i have it now back to where i did before - everything works except it is unusable because any length of call results in a harsh disconnect.

CC is telling me to put the ip address of he obi 202 in the dmz of the router but i have been reading and not only is it dynamic but its acting as a DHCP server by default? 

is that an issue?  i have my obi behind my router obviously so i have read on here in the past that assigning it a static ip doesnt work well

is there a good way to assign the 202 a static ip?

thx!

jimates

I would separate the 2 providers from the start.

Get CC working with the Obi.
Get GV working with the Obi.
Uncheck google chat in your phones list.
Add your CC number to your phones list.

Glenk

I have been trying to configure my setup to get caller ID name on my Google Voice line but so far I've had no success.  Here are the steps that I followed:

1. Signed up for a Call Centric free number in New York state without E911 service.

2. Configured my OBI110 for Call Centric on SP2 using the OBITALK web site (already had Google Voice on SP1).

3. Tested for CID name by dialing the Call Centric NY number but only get CID number, no name.

4. Deleted the OBI device on the OBITALK web site and reset the OBI110 to factory default.

5. Configured Call Centric on SP1 (nothing on SP2) still no Caller ID name, only number when a call  comes in on the Call Centric number.

6. Deleted OBI device and reset to Factory default again.

7. Configured Google Voice on SPI and Call Centric on SP2.  Unchecked forward calls to Google Chat and checked box to send calls to Call Centric number.  Still no CID name when calls route through the GV or CC numbers.

Is it possible that there is no CID name service for Call Centric numbers that don't have E911?

Also, I've tried configuring Service Prviders>>ITSP Profile B>>SIP>>RegistrarServer and UserAgentDomain to "callcentric.com" but those 2 fields always revert back to default (blank) after a couple of minutes.

Can anyone explain these 2 problems?