News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Check phone line

Started by zzzjie, April 18, 2012, 04:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzzjie

I have been using OBI100 since last year. It has been a very good experience.

However, recently (about 4-6 weeks ago), my OBI100 is giving me a lot troubles. The main issue is: in the middle of the phone call, the phone went dead, I can see the light (for phone line) flashing on OBI100, then I see this Check phone line on my phone. I am using Uniden Dect 6.0.

I need to unplug the OBI100, wait for very long (it does not work if only 5min), plug it back in, and then everything works again.

It is very embarrassing that the phone dropped. I have to call my friends again and explain to them. It happened so many times, that I am so nervous during the call. Any silent during the call, I will ask immediately "are you there".

It started when I accidentally changed my Google account password. I had to re-register my OBI100 with new password. But seems since then, I kept seeing this Check Phone line". Just yesterday, it happened twice.

I really appreciate any help, thanks,

At first, I changed my google account password. Then I have to re-register the OBI100,

zzzjie

It is "check tel line" with no dial tone. It happened many times during the phone conversation.

All the connections are good: internet is working, connection from base to OBI100 work.

Anyway, unplug the OBI100 for 10-20min, will fix it.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

jimates

The "check tel line" is the handset telling you it is not picking up any service. It could be the Obi losing the connection to your google account. This could be for one of many reasons.

If you are using multiple cordless handsets, does the "check tel line" show on all of the handsets when this happens.
If you have a hands free base you can check to see if the calls is still active at the base when the handset shows the message. If it is, the connection is being lost between the handset and the base. If it is not the connection is being lost at/in the Obi.

Do you have an elaborate configuration, ie would it be terrible to lose the configuration and start over?
If this all started when you made changes to your log in credentials, I would recommend either deleting the google voice account from the Obi and start over, or delete the Obi from the account and start over.

zzzjie

(1) yes it does show up on all the handsets.

(2) why the connection got lost at obi? when it happened, I can see the left-most light on obi-100 turned red then green again. What does that mean?

(3) I do not have elaborate configuration. I deleted obi from the account and re-registered it again using the new Google password.

RonR

zzzjie,

Try increasing:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OnHookTipRingVoltage

slowly and see if you get to a point where the telephone set stays connected.

chill86

Hi RonR,

Just curious...did adjusting the OnHookTipRingVoltage solve your problem?

I seem to be having the same issue, and I was wondering if this worked for you..

Thanks!

RonR

Quote from: chill86 on May 02, 2012, 06:48:45 PM
Just curious...did adjusting the OnHookTipRingVoltage solve your problem?

chill86,

I didn't have the problem, zzzjie did.  I suggested he increase OnHookTipRingVoltage, but he never reported back.  It's an easy change to try, so give it go.  You can always undo it if it isn't the solution.

chill86

Thanks RonR..

Hi zzzjie, has  increasing OnHookTipRingVoltage fixed your problem so far?

Thanks...

S--F

Oh man! I have this problem all the time! I thought it was my phones. I hope someone comes up with an explanation.

chill86

HI S--F,

Have you tried changing the OnHookTipRingVoltage option as explained by RonR?  IF you have, let me know if this worked for you..

Thanks..

Phorton58

Thanks for this forum...
I have a Uniden Dect 6.0 cordless system that was loosing connecting... "Check phone line" message.

I followed the instructions in this thread and changed the ring tip voltage from 46 to 50 and the cordless is now working fine.  In my research it appears that the default standard voltage is 48, so the 46 may be marginal on this cordless phone.

I'll let it run at 50 for a while and then drop it down to 48.

S--F

I am unable to change the value. In the expert configuration I am able to highlight the current value of 46 but any attempt to alter it is unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong?

Ostracus

In the column that says 'Obitalk settings' remove the check-mark, then in the column 'Device Default" uncheck that, then make your change(s), then click "submit".

S--F

Thanks for the tip. I've changed it to 50. I'll report back in a week or so with any news.

S--F

Well some time has passed now and there has been no change in the calls getting poor and then dropped. Frankly it's embarrassing. Thankfully many people use cell phones and assume it's the fault of their connection. I have been in touch with Obihai about this and they "monitored my calls" and determined that there is no issue. I can deal with a poor connection from time to time but the calls being dropped isn't good at all. Either this is a Google Voice problem or an Obihai problem. I'm inclined to think it's the latter because when the calls fail my phones tell me that they have lost connection with the base. This is proceeded by an increasingly poor connection.

I want some answers.

Ostracus

You could always grab a cheap wired phone and hook that up for a time and see if you are still having problems.

S--F

Yeah, then I wouldn't be able to have a conversation long enough to see if it would fail.

Lavarock7

If I was still running Asterisk PBX, I'd give you a number that directed to my telemarketer queue. It played music on hold and told the caller that their call was very important to me and to hang on.  In reality, I would NEVER answer the call and the music played until 1) They hung up 2) My home lost power or better yet 3) Another telemarketer called and got joined in :-)
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

zzzjie

It is getting worse. I also tried the wired phone. The same problem. It dropped the connection in the middle of the conversation. Then I saw OBI100 rebooted by itself. After it comes back it showed CHEK TEL LINE.

Today I tried to fix the problem by resetting it. However after I pressed "Reset", the phone has no sound at all. I can not get its IP address.

Seems it is totally dead.

deadsea

Very strange. I have the similar problem of "Check phone line". Following the instruction on board, I change the value to 50. The problem disappear, and I can call right away. But the same problem come back again after a few hours. I have check the OnHookTipRingVoltage, it is 50. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!