News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Making calls using the Obi with both the ethernet connection and phone port line

Started by JeanObiUser, April 19, 2012, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanObiUser

I'll be overseas in a few weeks. I'll be taking my Obi which is configured to use Google Voice to make calls. I plan to connect both the ethernet and local phone port line to the Obi. Since the local phone port is connected, when I call a local phone number (local to that country) on the phone will is make the call using the local phone port line and not the ethernet connection? And when I make a call to the usa will the Obi know to make the call using the ethernet collection and not the local phone port line?

I want to know how the Obi will know or differentiate between the two types of calls. How will it know when to use the internet cat5 cable to make the call and when to use the phone port? I guess this question is also applicable in the usa when I have both the ethernet connected and the phone port line connected as well.

How can you specific which method to use to make the out going call? Thanks in advance.

Jean

RonR

All incoming calls ring the OBi PHONE Port.

Outgoing calls by default use the service selected by the PrimaryLine setting:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> PrimaryLine

To use a different service, simply prefix the number with a Service Route Access Code:

**1  ->  SP1 Service
**2  ->  SP2 Service
**8  ->  LINE Port
**9  ->  OBiTALK Service

QBZappy

RonR,

Looking at the time of your reply, you must have set up response templates. No one can type that fast.  ;D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.