News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What are the steps for a new Obi instal with static IP?

Started by kokosin, April 21, 2012, 02:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokosin

The Obi install "wizard" will install an Obi device with an IP address assigned by DHCP.  Can a static IP be assigend after the device is intalled or is it necessary to use another procedure for installation with a static IP?  I tried to change the IP assignment in OBi Expert but there seems to be some additional steps needed for network configuration that will allow the Obi device access to the Local Network.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

'Jer

MichiganTelephone

First dial * * * 1  to get the IP address of the OBi device

Then try to connect from your browser using that IP address.  The username and password are both admin unless you changed the password in the OBiTALK portal.

Then go to Router Configuration | WAN settings OR System Management | Network Settings depending on the model of Obihai device you have.  From there you can make the changes you want.

Unfortunately a static IP is one of a handful of settings that can't be changed via the OBi Expert Configuration mode, probably so you can't accidentally lock yourself out of the device from a remote location.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

kokosin