News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 200 supposedly in DMZ, but not working

Started by maracuya, April 26, 2019, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maracuya

Hi,
We have three Obi 200's in three different cities. All three worked for years, but with a new modem/router from an ISP, one is not working. The ISP says they have put the address into the DMZ (this is a modem/router, to which only they have access).
We're still able to talk Obi-to-Obi, but otherwise all I get is "the number you dialed, (1-xxx-xxx-xxxx) has not received a response from the service provider." Looking at the device configuration page for this Obi, I see this: "Connecting to 216.239.36.144." The other Obi's are shown as "connected."
Any help with making this work again would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

maracuya

In case this is of use to anyone, I'll offer my own solution.
Eventually I did a reset of the device. Then I was offered the opportunity to put Google Voice back on the device. That ended up on SP 2, which I didn't understand. It did nonetheless work--on SP 2.
Weeks later I decided to delete the device on/from the dashboard. Then I reset the device.
Now Google Voice is back on SP 1, as if nothing had ever gone wrong.
I don't know what went wrong and I'm surprised that after over 200 views, no one else offered some opinion.
The good part is that what I did worked . . . and was effortless (after taking the risk that I might be ruining everything).