News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voicemail Stutter not working

Started by Fasttimes, July 09, 2012, 09:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

So far the VM Waiting is pretending it is opposite day.

A little background on my setup:

My GV number rings my obi device, and GV also simlurings my iPhone, whose voicemail is forwarded to my GV number.  Basically I want to have one voicemail for both my obi and cellphone, which is GV.

Earlier I had no unread messages in Google Voice.  I checked the spam and trash folders as well, yet I still had the stutter tone.  I rebooted the device and eventually the stutter went away.  I was thinking this is just a GV brain fart that needed to be cleared out.

Now I made several test calls to both my obi and cell phone and left messages, all of which appear in GV and at the moment are unread, but I don't hear a stutter tone when I pick up the obi.

How can I troubleshoot this?

pc44

Hi Fasttimes,

Do you have the following set in your OBI for the pertinent SPx service you are using with GV?  Remember to un-check the default box on all of these in order to enable them.

Voice Services -> SP1 (or SP2) -> MWIEnable -> Checked
Voice Services -> SP1 (or SP2) -> X_VMWIEnable -> Checked
Voice Services -> SP1 (or SP2) -> MessageWaiting -> Default Unchecked

Are you using the OBI100, 110, or 202?
pc44

Fasttimes

Quote from: pc44 on July 09, 2012, 09:40:10 AM
Hi Fasttimes,

Do you have the following set in your OBI for the pertinent SPx service you are using with GV?  Remember to un-check the default box on all of these in order to enable them.

Voice Services -> SP1 (or SP2) -> MWIEnable -> Checked
Voice Services -> SP1 (or SP2) -> X_VMWIEnable -> Checked
Voice Services -> SP1 (or SP2) -> MessageWaiting -> Default Unchecked

Are you using the OBI100, 110, or 202?
pc44

The 1st two are grayed out, but checked.  I unchecked the default box to check them to be certain, however I don't see any "MesssageWaiting" parameter under Voice Service - SP1.  Am I in the right place?

ETA: Using The Obi100

ETA:  If I go to the dashboard and select "edit SP1" Google Voicemail Notification is checked here.  Is that correct?

pc44

Fasttimes,

After you unchecked the Default box, those settings should no longer be "grayed out."

I just checked my OBi100, and the MessageWaiting option is immediately after the MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable options.  I usually un-check both the MessageWaiting and the default box.

If Google Voice is on your SP1, then yes, you should be in the right place:  Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting

pc44

Fasttimes

doh... I was using the expert instead of the web-interface.

However the instructions from jimates here seems to contradict yours:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3512.msg24064#msg24064

He says to do this on the SP that has callcentric.  You say to do it on the SP with GV.   Which is it?

jimates

what I posted was supposedly instructions on how to set up CC on your Obi. It shouldn't have anything to do with message waiting indicators.

I copied that from a post by RonR, I know nothing about setting up CC.

pc44

Fasttimes,

It may be beneficial if you were to summarize/condense your situation into one thread, at times your thread questions do not seem congruous.  Regarding advice, when in doubt, follow jimates's advice.  He has more experience with the OBi's, and his advice is worth more than mine on most days of the week. :)

Quote from: Fasttimes on July 09, 2012, 05:45:01 PMHe says to do this on the SP that has callcentric.  You say to do it on the SP with GV.   Which is it?

I am unable to find anywhere in this thread where you mentioned Callcentric or CC.  You requested help with Voicemail Indicators with Google Voice in this thread.  Then, you attempt to create a contradiction between two posters regarding two separate providers and two separate thread questions.

Do you want Voicemail Indication on your Callcentric line?  Or, do you want Voicemail Indication on your Google Voice line?

I'm getting confused, ???
pc44

Fasttimes

Sorry about that.  I think I'll stick to one thread now.  And this isn't the thread :)

pc44

No prob. Thanks for that. I'll watch the other thread. :)

Thanks,
pc44