News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can you set up Phone1 <--> Phone 2 hunting on an OBi202?

Started by Koby, April 23, 2012, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koby

When you set up a provider account on the OBi202, it gives you the option to have incoming calls go to Phone1, Phone2, or both.  If you check both checkboxes and both phones are free when a call comes in, they both ring.

But is there a way to for example designate Phone1 as the only phone to ring unless it is busy, and in that case send the call to Phone2?  Or to designate Phone2 as the only phone to ring unless it is busy, and in that case send the call to Phone1?  In either case I don't want both phones to ring for the same call, I just want the call to fall over to the other phone port only if the selected port is already in use.

obi-support2

There is no "hunting" per se for PHONE1 and PHONE2.
You can setup to ring just PHONE1, and
also set up call-forward-on-busy on the service (SP1/2/3/4), with
ph2 as the destination number:

CallForwardBusyEnable = checked
CallForwardBusyNumber = ph2

(You will need to use the Expert Config page on obitalk portal to add these settings).
OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

Quote from: obi-support2 on April 23, 2012, 06:48:33 PM
You can setup to ring just PHONE1, and
also set up call-forward-on-busy on the service (SP1/2/3/4), with
ph2 as the destination number:

CallForwardBusyEnable = checked
CallForwardBusyNumber = ph2

I believe for this to work, you will also have to disable Call Waiting:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> CallWaitingEnable : (unchecked)

Otherwise, the assigned phone will simply get a Call Waiting signal and the other phone will not ring.

Koby

se1961

Just in case anybody finds this thread while setting up Obi202, as I did: this solution will not work with Google Voice, which cannot implement CallForwardOnBusy. Too bad.

rom54

Does anyone know what the limit on 'Call Forward on Busy' is?

I have a Obi508. What I want to do is have everyone call Phone1. If that is busy the call will 'Call Forward on Busy' to Phone2. And then if a third call come in to forward to Phone3 and so on.

Is Obi capable of this. Can I simply change the 'Max Sessions' to 8??

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Koby on April 23, 2012, 01:36:16 PM
When you set up a provider account on the OBi202, it gives you the option to have incoming calls go to Phone1, Phone2, or both.  If you check both checkboxes and both phones are free when a call comes in, they both ring.

But is there a way to for example designate Phone1 as the only phone to ring unless it is busy, and in that case send the call to Phone2?  Or to designate Phone2 as the only phone to ring unless it is busy, and in that case send the call to Phone1?  In either case I don't want both phones to ring for the same call, I just want the call to fall over to the other phone port only if the selected port is already in use.

Koby, 
I used the following settings on my OBi202 to work with our 2-Line Phones. 
The settings are a slight expansion of those posted by obi-support2. 
If ph1 is busy, incoming calls ring ph2, otherwise only ph1 rings. 

Physical Interfaces    >    PHONE1 Port    >    Calling Features
    CallWaitingEnable         [ ]     {unchecked}

Physical Interfaces    >    PHONE2 Port    >    Calling Features
    CallWaitingEnable         [ ]     {unchecked}

If  SPx is configured to ring ph1 first, configure as follows:

Voice Services    >    SP1 Service    >    Calling Features
    CallForwardOnBusyEnable        [X]     {checked}
    CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph2(#)

** Repeat for each SPx Service that you want to CFB to ph2 **

If  SPx is configured to ring ph2 first, configure as follows:

Voice Services    >    SP1 Service    >    Calling Features
    CallForwardOnBusyEnable        [X]     {checked}
    CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph1(#)

** Repeat for each SPx Service that you want to CFB to ph1 **

I use OBiTalk "Expert" Mode to make the changes. 
We use Google Voice, Vestalink and voip.ms services on our OBi202.
BigJimMcD

rom54

Thanks so much. Excuse my ignorance but when you write:

CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph2(#)

Do you mean:

CallForwardOnBusyNumber    17183271234

or do you mean

CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph2(17183271234)

BigJim_McD

The way my OBi202 is configured is exactly as follows:

CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph2(#)

By using   ph2(#)  when a call is received and ph1 is busy, the call forwards to ph2.  I don't remember why I used ph2(#) instead of just ph2.  When I successfully setup CallForwardOnBusyNumber, I did a lot of searching and testing different configurations and ph2(#) was the one that worked best for me.
BigJimMcD

rom54

And you don't need to specify the actual 10 digit phone number? Okay great.

Question: I have a Obi508. What I want to do is have everyone call Phone1. If that is busy the call will 'Call Forward on Busy' to Phone2. And then if a third call come in to forward to Phone3 and so on.

Is Obi capable of this. Can I simply change the 'Max Sessions' to 8?? Would you know?

BigJim_McD

Quote from: rom54 on February 22, 2015, 12:32:32 PM
And you don't need to specify the actual 10 digit phone number? Okay great.

rom54,  If I remember correctly, when I attempted to specify actual phone numbers, it didn't work correctly.

QuoteQuestion: I have a Obi508. What I want to do is have everyone call Phone1. If that is busy the call will 'Call Forward on Busy' to Phone2. And then if a third call come in to forward to Phone3 and so on.

Is Obi capable of this. Can I simply change the 'Max Sessions' to 8?? Would you know?

I can't offer much advise on the OBi508 as it's over my budget.  If I had an OBi508 to play with, I would see if CallForwardOnBusyNumber could be configured the same way as in the OBi202. If you use voip.ms as an ISP, they offer some very good tools to setup Hunt Groups with many different configuration options.

I have an OBi202 with Google Voice, Vestalink and voip.ms service.  I also have an OBi200, OBi110, OBi100 and a MagicJack+ that I use for my little VoIP Lab to learn about interesting things in the every growing VoIP world.
BigJimMcD