News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai200 no longer works with google voice?

Started by ayushverma, April 15, 2020, 03:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ayushverma

I have a Obi200 connected through google voice. It stopped working a few weeks ago. I tried reconfiguring it on the obitalk website and it says everything is connected and the settings correct on the device but I have no line connection to the phone. No dial tones, can't dial out or in. Anyone else experiencing similar? I think maybe they did another firmware update to break the device to charge their $10 service fee.

top builders in mumbai

drgeoff

Quote from: ayushverma on April 15, 2020, 03:18:15 AM
I have a Obi200 connected through google voice. It stopped working a few weeks ago. I tried reconfiguring it on the obitalk website and it says everything is connected and the settings correct on the device but I have no line connection to the phone. No dial tones, can't dial out or in. Anyone else experiencing similar? I think maybe they did another firmware update to break the device to charge their $10 service fee.

Lack of dial tone is nothing to do with GV or firmware updates.  Dial tone should be generated by a powered OBi200.  Even without a network cable plugged in.

Check your phone and cord either by trying others or by plugging in to a known working POTS line.

If they check out OK, come back here for a further diagnostic test.

Abernathy

I've had Google Voice set up on my OBi200 for a while, and use it to make (and occasionally receive) calls. It's configured on SP4, and is not my primary service. Today, out of nowhere, I cannot make calls thru GV.

When I check the status through the OBi/Polycom expert interface, it shows Connecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error

I can still receive GV calls thru the web and mobile app

I can still make GV calls thru the mobile app

My OBiTALK Device is still listed in my GV settings

Where do I start for troubleshooting this?

targetpayandbenefits

dircom

as drgeof said "Check your phone and cord either by trying others or by plugging in to a known working POTS line."

Does the socket the power supply is plugged into have 120V?
If you have 120V or thereabouts,
Find a power supply that has the same voltage and similar amps, and try a different power supply.
report back once you have done those basic steps.