News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cisco 7960 SIP phone with OBI110

Started by RobExtra, April 25, 2012, 03:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobExtra

Hi,

I want to use a Cisco 7960 SIP phone for both incoming and outgoing calls with an OBI110.

I had initially setup GV and Obi SP1, and incoming and outgoing calls worked perfectly.

I then added and configured SP2, and among other things, changed incoming on SP1 to:
  sp2(12345@192.168.123.249:5060)
with the IP and port matching the IP address and VOIP port of the 7960, 12345 being the auth name of its line1.

I can make outgoing calls from the 7960 without a problem. Voice can be heard both ways, just fine.

When I call the GV # from my Verizon cell, the 7960 DOES ring fine on its line1, and it shows the SP2 name as the caller. So far so good.

HOWEVER, when I try to answer the line on the 7960, nothing happens. The caller's phone still rings like nobody answered.

I have played with all the settings, - which btw helped me understand the relevant and minimal pieces of information needed for this setup -, but answering the line that rings on the 7960 just doesn't answer the call at all from the caller's standpoint, and it eventually goes to voicemail.

Any suggestions on what to check/try ?

Thank you in advance!
  Rob

RonR

Do you have the Cisco 7960 configured to answer calls without SIP registration?

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP may be helpful.

dtrammell

I'm also looking to do this, and would really appreciate if someone that's gotten it to work would post their config files (OBi and Cisco) to guide the rest of us.  The closest I got was being able to MAKE calls but not receive them, but I've tried so many configuration tweaks trying to get this to work I honestly lost track of what got me there and what might be interfering.  I'd really like to just nuke it back to defaults and start over with a known working config to base mine on.

RonR

Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP is about making outbound calls.

Receiving inbound calls is totally separate and even simpler.  On each InboundCallRoute (SP1 Service, SP2 Service, OBiTALK Service, and LINE Port), replace ph or {ph} with : {ph,spx(userid@ip_address:port)} : where spx is the OBi SIP service (sp1 or sp2) and userid, ip_address, and port are those of the SIP client.

dtrammell

I did that early on and it never worked.  Ron, are you saying that you have a Cisco 79x0, have it configured this way, and it's working for you?  Would you mind sharing your phone and OBi configs?

RonR

dtrammell,

I don't have a Cisco 79x0, but I have PAP2 and softphone clients running as additional phones connected to OBi's.  I use the configuration described in Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk Using SIP.

Exactly what problems are you having?

dtrammell

The 7940/7960's don't work in the same way as a traditional SIP device from what I've been led to believe, though they do use SIP. I haven't yet heard from anyone that they've gotten a 79x0 to work fully.  And at the moment actually, mine's not working at all...not even outbound which previously was working. I'm in the process of trying to reset everything back to defaults so I can start over from scratch, but I'm almost at my limit for how much futzing I can do with this thing to get it working.

canuckcam

Has the issue been resolved? Just wondering if I'm going in the right direction or if this is going to give me a lot of headaches. I'm a new user (awaiting my OBi110 in the mail), looking at the following configuration with two Cisco 7960's.

SIP1: dellvoice.ca (Fongo)
FXO: landline

dtrammell

Ostracus