News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

callcentric question

Started by askthiru, April 25, 2012, 07:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

askthiru

I just switched to obi110 with google voice.. i need E911 set up and i'm planning to get callcentric for that.. Which plan do I choose for callcentric E911?? Is it the ipfreedom or the pay per use plan?? Can someone who has configured GV and callcentric clarify me? Thanks in Advance..

ProfTech

If you only sign up for IP Freedom you will not have E911. You can sign up for either the Pay-as-you-go plan [Outgoing] or get a DID number [inbound] from them. Either way you will pay $1.50 per month for 911 service. If you get a DID number your minimum charge per month will be $3.45. If you go only with Pay-as-you-go [outbound] your minimum monthly charge will be $1.50 so that would be cheapest if you plan on using Google Voice for other "normal" calls.

askthiru

thanks for the response.. So I got to add the 5$ initially to set up the pay as use plan right?

Rick

Quote from: askthiru on April 25, 2012, 08:57:45 AM
thanks for the response.. So I got to add the 5$ initially to set up the pay as use plan right?

Yes.  Callcentric spells out the process pretty clearly on their site.  Then they will hit your account for $1.50, replenish with another $5 (for an $8.50 balance), then hit that until it drops below $5, then replenish, ...

askthiru

Thanks Rick.. I had to pay 8$ initially to set up the callcentric pay per use thing... I did everything and it 911 seems to be registered now to my address.. I'm guessing they will charge 1.50 from my 5$ balance every month..

Also, would I be able to use 911 directly or should I press *02 and then 911??? 

RonR

Quote from: askthiru on April 25, 2012, 01:17:09 PM
Also, would I be able to use 911 directly or should I press *02 and then 911???  

Assuming you have Callcentric configured on SP2, to have 911 calls automatically routed to Callcentric, set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},
{(Mpli):pli}

askthiru

following is what I have in outboundcall route:

{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Just replace this with what you have given RonR??

RonR

Quote from: askthiru on April 25, 2012, 01:32:51 PM
{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

That's an OutboundCallRoute for an OBi100, not an OBi110 as your original post states.

For an OBi100, what you have will work.

askthiru

My mistake.. I do have an Obi100 and not an Obi110...

So, this should work as it is then?? Thanks RonR..

I'll try to test this with my local 911 and post the results.. Appreciate all ur help..

RonR

Quote from: askthiru on April 25, 2012, 01:44:36 PM
So, this should work as it is then??

I'll try to test this with my local 911 and post the results..

Yes.

And it is a good idea to make a test call to be sure it's working properly.  Immediately inform the dispatcher there is no emergency and that you're testing a new telephone system.  Verify that they are receiving the correct information about you and your location.

RickNY

Thank you for this info... After configuring my OBi100 with CallCentric DID service only (with a NY number -- I am in NY, and they had a free number in my area), I made the configuration change and did make a test call to 911.

1. State clearly to the operator that this is NOT AN EMERGENCY
2. Call during a non-peak time of day (mid-afternoon on a weekday for me -- weekend nights are very busy, so I suggest not trying then)
3. Once me and the operator had it established that it was not an emergency, I inquired if she had address location available for me, which she recited back to me -- and was correct according to the info I supplied CallCentric.

I am using a configuration similar to the OP -- GV for primary dialing out, CallCentric for 911 only.  Also using the CallCentric number as my "Forward to" number within GV so that I receive CNAM on incoming calls to my GV number.

I'll be swapping out my OBi100 for the OBi110 tomorrow, and instead using my cable-company supplied phone number for 911 only (I needed to take the line in order to get a better deal on the entire package).  I'll keep my CallCentric number as a backup because eventually I will be cancelling the cable company number)

Thanks for the helpful tips!

Rick