News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bug with ObiTalk -> Obi Expert Configuraton?

Started by Ideasmiths, April 27, 2012, 11:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideasmiths

I noticed what may seem to be a bug at the ObiTalk, Obi Expert Configuration. I was trying to setup G729 codec to use at this thread http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2791.0.

The issue seem to be that if after you made some changes and then try to revert back to ObiTalk settings, although the successful message shows up after you press the Submit button, in actual fact the device settings may be in an indeterminate state.

For example, I tried to force G729 codec by unchecking the 'enable' boxes for the G711U and the G711A codecs as shown, as well as changing their prorities I enabled only the G729 codec and made it priority 1. The picture below shows the red exclaimation mark at the changes I made. I press submit, wait for obi110 to reboot then try using the softphone to call. Do my other tests etc etc.

Now, after my tests, i want to reset every parameters back to obitalk default, so I press the "Revert All to ObiTalk Settings" button at the bottom of the page, then click submit. Notice that the success message came back. Now when I try to use the softphone to call, the calls go through, then Obi call status will show briefly a inbound/outbound then hang up.

The solution I found was that I need to
1) manually change the values back to the default for every item that I had changed
2) press submit
3) Refresh the page and see that all the red exclaimation marks are gone
4) Press the "Revert All to ObiTalk Settings" button
5) Press Submit

and then the Obi110 will work as per normaly again. Hence, the bug is that pressing the  "Revert All to ObiTalk Settings" button may not reset the device settings back to default even thought the webpage will report back as success.