News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

bridge google voice to landline

Started by cpyby, March 11, 2011, 03:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpyby

Hello,

I have a landline and I want to use it with google voice for long distant calling, just like doing it on the web (my home phone ring then the other party ring).  My dsl connection is slow so want to able to use obi110 to make the call and the switch over to the PSTN line.  How do i configure Obi110 to do this?

Thanks.

jimates

You don't need to bring the land line into the configuration with the Obi. Using the Obi you just pick up the phone connected to the "phone" port and place the call using google voice.

If you elected not to make google voice your primary line for outgoing calls then you will need to press * * 1 + the number you are calling, from the phone connected to the "phone" port.

Calls made with the Obi are true voip calls which is different from google voice's forwarding design.

I guess since you say your dsl is slow you don't want to make the call over voip.

Even with the Obi you can still use your google voice like you did before. If you initiate the call from the web and have it ring your home number for the call then the call will be on your land line just like before, even though your phone is connected to the Obi. Or you call your GV number from your landline and use the GV attendant to place the call through option #2.

cpyby

Thanks jimates.

I was hoping i can initiate the call from Obi110 like the computer method without using the computer or GV attendant.  For some reason, calling my own GV number doesn't always work.

Any idea if ObiTalk can work with GV+sipgate or other sip provider just like before free gmail calling became available (assuming GV still available, gmail call need to pay)?