News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 can call out, can't receive calls in

Started by Homebrewed, June 17, 2012, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homebrewed

Here's what i'm working with:

-Verizon Fios Router (Westell)
  -Port forwarding is turned on for UDP port 10000
  -SIP ALG is disabled
-OBI202
-Google voice

I can make outbound calls via Google voice without issue.  And the quality is fantastic.  But all incoming calls just go to Google voicemail after 4 rings.  The same phone I use to call out never rings.  On the dashboard at obitalk, it shows both the obi202 and softphone as amber/offline.  Short of putting the thing into a DMZ, anyone have ideas on what I may be missing here? 

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Stewart

If you shut down the OBi and run Gmail, can you receive GV calls there?  If not, the problem is not OBi related; try GV support and/or forum.

Otherwise, shut down Gmail, bring up the OBi and make a (failing) test call to your GV number.  Log directly into the OBi at the address reported by dialing ***1 and look at Call History.  Report what, if anything, is logged for the failed call.

Homebrewed

Hours after my last post, the obitalk dashboard finally showed the obi202 as online... without any changes on my side.  Not sure why, or if it was just delayed.  That aside, I finally found the real problem to my inbound calls.  I have to admit, the 'fix' was pretty dumb.  Last night I realized that the lights for lines 1 and 2 don't line up with the ports for lines 1 & 2... they are flipped.  I had the damn phone plugged into line 2, which isn't set up for google voice.

Stewart, thanks for your prompt help and suggestions.  I just wasn't checking the obvious/easy things. ;D