News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to use Break in feature and not having any luck

Started by Raff, May 07, 2012, 11:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raff

I'm fairly new to the whole Obi experience but I did set mine up months ago and really like it. Since I have a POTS line I bought the 110 and have Google set up as the primary outgoing line.
Here is what I want to accomplish:

1) Ability to use the phone that is connected to the OBi to use the POTS line while its in use. Currently if someone is on the line and I want to join in I can't. I've tried using he **96 and no luck. I went to the expert OBi screen and enable BreakIn, and still no luck but here is a red ! mark next to it. Do I need to reboot the OBi to make this work?

2) If I'm sitting at the phone connected to the OBi and I want to make a call on the POTS line how do I do that? I tried the *8 feature but it seems not to work, is there a setting I need to enable?

Like I said in the beginning I'm new to this but I did get it up and running and it is a great product.

RonR

Quote from: Raff on May 07, 2012, 11:05:26 AM
1) Ability to use the phone that is connected to the OBi to use the POTS line while its in use. Currently if someone is on the line and I want to join in I can't. I've tried using he **96 and no luck.

*96 does not allow barging in on calls currently active on the LINE Port : Using Barge In

Quote from: Raff on May 07, 2012, 11:05:26 AM
2) If I'm sitting at the phone connected to the OBi and I want to make a call on the POTS line how do I do that? I tried the *8 feature but it seems not to work, is there a setting I need to enable?

To barge in on a call that is active on the LINE Port by a phone connected directly to the PSTN line, set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> EnableLINEPortBargeIn : (checked)

Pressing # wlll allow the OBi to bridge to the LINE Port when it's in use externally.

Raff

This is great thank, you for your response..It works like a charm!!

I read the Barge In link you sent still not clear what that is for but the # worked like I wanted it to... ;D

By the way do I need to worry about the red ! marks next to certain windows or are they just markers that I have deviated from standard setting?

Wilbour

Not sure if this is a similar situation:

I have a PSTN with a stand alone answering machine. We use this to call screen our Phone Line. My wife prefers the phone in the kitchen which is wired directly to the OBI. She listens to the caller leave a message and then decides to take the call with the kitchen phone but cannot take the call. Could she dial # and have the OBI redirect this phone to the PSTN line?

Remember the answering machine is on the PSTN line and the kitchen phone is wired to the OBI

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: Raff on May 07, 2012, 11:39:38 AMBy the way do I need to worry about the red ! marks next to certain windows

No

Quote from: Raff on May 07, 2012, 11:39:38 AMor are they just markers that I have deviated from standard setting?

Yes.  Nothing to worry about.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.