News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two-Line Phone Won't Accept OBi --- Phone Or OBi? What About A Bluetooth Unit.

Started by Stu-be, May 08, 2012, 07:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu-be

I use a very old deskphone.  It is an ATT 882 2-line speakerphone phone that I have favored for years.  It has excellent sound, a great speakerphone and a hidden QWERTY keyboard for easy phone number installation.  Hard to explain why I like it so much until you've used one.  However, this is just background for my questions.

I have had  Comcast VoiP coming out of my modem and into line 1 of the phone for five years. Last week, I installed Google Voice via an OBi100 onto the second line.  Obi and GV goes dead almost within a minute of installation  If I put the GV line into a second phone by itself it is fine, but the two different VoiP's (Comcast and GV) don't seem play well together in this phone. I always keep a back-up 882, and I found the same problem using that phone, as well.  Either one will work in the phone, but they don't play nice, together.

Three Questions:

1.  Does ANYONE out there have a 2-line phone currently using another VoiP number in 1 line and GV via OBi in the other line?  My problem may just be this the old phone.

2.  Would an OBi110 with that second landline pass-through slot make any difference at all?  I hesitate because thes are both VoiP lines.

3. This involves the direction I wish to eventually take.  Does anyone out there using a 2-line phone with GV via OBi in one line and a bluetooth device used to answer your cell phone connected to line two?  If so, how is that working for you?  Any tricks to set up I should know before starting?

I appreciate your advice and assistance.

RonR

There should not be a problem using an ATT 882 2-line speakerphone phone with both an OBi100 and Comcast VoIP service.  Presumably, you have the Comcast line plugged into the Line1+2 jack on the speakerphone and you would simply connect the OBi100 to the Line 2 jack on the speakerphone.  Just make sure that the cord connecting the Comcast line has nothing connected to it but the Line 1 pair (the center-most two pins).  If you're having poblems, try connecting the OBi to the Line1+2 jack on the speakerphone and Comcast to the Line2 jack on the speakerphone.

I have a GE 2-line speakerphone that is similar to your ATT phone.  I have an OBi connected to Line 1 and a PAP2 connected to Line 2.