News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help me to build dial plan, please

Started by bogdatov, May 08, 2012, 11:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogdatov

Hello

I have obi100 and Google Voice. GV is already configured. I'm in USA (Florida, area code 813). Here is what I would like to do:

1. All 7 digit calls (xxx-xxxx) to be extended to 1813-xxx-xxxx and dialed through GV
2. All 10 digit calls to be extended to 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx and dialed through GV
3. All calls started with 1 to be dialed through GV
4. All OTHER calls to be dialed through differend VoIP provider (generic), e.g. voipraider.com

So it is all pretty much standard. Is that possibled at all and if so, how do configure it ? Dial plan, etc ...
Can somebody help me ?

RonR

Assuming Google Voice on SP1 and VoIP Raider on SP2:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**2>011xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.

7/10/11 digits  ->  SP1
            011+  ->  SP2

bogdatov

Thanks.
I understand those patterns: <1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx - they go to SP1, because you use Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

But I did not understand how you specified that <**2>011xx. goes to SP2 ?

RonR

When you dial any number starting with 011, this number will first be processed using the PHONE Port DigitMap (which references Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap via Mpli).  **2 will be prepended to the dialed 011 number.  The resulting number will then be processed though the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute, which will remove the **2 before sending the remainder out SP2.

bogdatov

Got it. Basically prepending anything with **2 is the way of forcing it to SP2.
Thanks again

Felix

Let me tweak Ron's instructions (I realize how presumptuous it is on my part  :-X ).
I am also assuming Google Voice on SP1 and VoIP Raider on SP2.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Service -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap : (<1813>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> DigitMap : (xx.)

It's easier to understand that you set up VoIP raider dial plan settings in ITSP Profile B section - same place where you set up your SIP credentials, STUN server, etc. Added benefit is that Ron's plan assumes that international numbers start with 011 - which is not always the case! Specifically, voip raider - as all betamax companies - requires that you dial 00 instead of 011. If that is the case, you may change the last option to

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> DigitMap : (<00>xx.)

Note that neither GV nor VoipRaider support 911.

bogdatov

Quote from: Felix on May 09, 2012, 07:49:09 PM
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap : (<1813>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> DigitMap : (xx.)

It's easier to understand that you set up VoIP raider dial plan settings in ITSP Profile B section - same place where you set up your SIP credentials, STUN server, etc. Added benefit is that Ron's plan assumes that international numbers start with 011 - which is not always the case! Specifically, voip raider - as all betamax companies - requires that you dial 00 instead of 011. If that is the case, you may change the last option to

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B General -> DigitMap : (<00>xx.)
In fact, all Betamax companies I know/used (about 5) they only require 00 when you dial destination# using Betamax's ACCESS number, e.g. when you dial from your mobile phone. But when you use SIP device, you dont need to prepend destination# with 00.

Felix

Quote from: bogdatov on May 09, 2012, 07:57:36 PM
But when you use SIP device, you dont need to prepend destination# with 00.

http://www.voipraider.com/en/instructions#make
Please note that when you call a number (even if it's local) you should always dial 00 + countrycode + areacode + subscribernumber)

I always had to dial 00... I haven't used voipraider specifically, and it's in the middle of the night in the places where I call - so I can't check. But I am skeptical ;)

bogdatov

Are you dialing using access# ? Because when I'm using SIP and Sipura SPA 3102 I do not dial 00 and my dial plan does not have 00

Felix

Quote from: bogdatov on May 09, 2012, 08:08:15 PM
Are you dialing using access# ? Because when I'm using SIP and Sipura SPA 3102 I do not dial 00 and my dial plan does not have 00
I am staring at my dial plan in my Sipura 3102 dial plan, and I see <:00>[2-9]x. And, since I was sure that I won't be successful - I removed 00, and sure enough "you must dial double-oh" in a nice female voice with cute British accent  :P