News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Since 5/8/2012 night, GV stop working

Started by jjw1368, May 09, 2012, 03:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjw1368

GV stop working with my OBi110 since Since 5/8/2012 night. I tried different GV accounts with OBi, all get  "Backing Off ", Backing Off (0s):TCP connection to 173.194.79.125 failed

nothing changes on my network, just stopped working .

need help please !

priller

I've stopped working since last evening also. 

Backing Off (3s):TCP connection to 173.194.68.125 failed

nicmart

Quote from: jjw1368 on May 09, 2012, 03:49:31 AM
GV stop working with my OBi110 since Since 5/8/2012 night. I tried different GV accounts with OBi, all get  "Backing Off "

Same exact thing has happened to me. Started the evening of May 8 and continues the next morning.

I have tried two Google accounts and resetting the SP1 config numerous times, but only Backing Off appears.

RFord

I think everyone is affected by this, since my OBi110 Status shows the same.  I also have GV setup on Asterisk and is able to make and receive calls via Google Voice using this setup.  Something is definitely wrong with the OBI/GV Interactions.

Edit: I quickly enable the second line on GV  Settings.  So if my GV number is dialed, the calls will come into my OBi110 on SP2 and my callers will not even aware that my GV number is not working.  Also, switch my Phone Primary Line to Trunk group, which tries SP1 (GV) first, then SP2 (Anveo) and then VG3 (CallWithUs).   I hope everyone has a backup line for instances like these.

Quote from: jjw1368 on May 09, 2012, 03:49:31 AM
GV stop working with my OBi110 since Since 5/8/2012 night. I tried different GV accounts with OBi, all get  "Backing Off ", Backing Off (0s):TCP connection to 173.194.79.125 failed

need help please !

michiganusa

I also show backing off. I first noticed it around 11 PM EST.
I came here looking for answers, and am encouraged (slightly) that the same thing is effecting others.

Had2

same here it happen last night around 11:30 PM I was on the phone at the time.

nicmart

Quote from: RFord on May 09, 2012, 03:58:54 AM
I think everyone is affected by this, since my OBi110 Status shows the same.  I also have GV setup on Asterisk and is able to make and receive calls via Google Voice using this setup.  Something is definitely wrong with the OBI/GV Interactions.

Edit: I quickly enable the second line on GV  Settings.  So if my GV number is dialed, the calls will come into my OBi110 on SP2 and my callers will not even aware that my GV number is not working.  Also, switch my Phone Primary Line to Trunk group, which tries SP1 (GV) first, then SP2 (Anveo) and then VG3 (CallWithUs).   I hope everyone has a backup line for instances like these.

I've no idea what any of this means, but I tried configuring SP2 and it is also Backing Off.

theDot

Ditto here, "Call Back" is displayed even though I don't use Google 2-Step verification.  I went through the whole process to set it up and entered in the new password for it into my OBi, but that didn't seem to work either.  Call Back still showed up.  I've disabled 2-step on my GV account now and re-entered my old PW back into OBi in hopes these guys fix this thing.  Just glad to know I'm not the only one.

yorktown

We have multiple devices.  2 went down with Backing Off.  I reactivated the device and reset the GV accounts with Obitalk.  Still no good.   Both were originally working - I set them up personally and used them

RFord

Are you setting up SP2 with GV?  If so, you need another VOIP provider for that purpose.  In my case I'm using Anveo and I also have CallWithUs (Voice Gate Account) for overseas calls.  You should get a free DID from Callcentric and setup that for free incoming and fund the account for outgoing calls.

Quote from: nicmart on May 09, 2012, 04:31:07 AM
Quote from: RFord on May 09, 2012, 03:58:54 AM

I've no idea what any of this means, but I tried configuring SP2 and it is also Backing Off.

Dulanic

GV down here also, glad I found this post, I spent a good amount of time trouble shooting.

bhdira

I have 4 obi boxes all around the world and non are working anymore.
Same error with TCP connection to 173.194.70.125 failed

yorktown

Correction - I have 8 boxes - with 6 in the USA.   ALL state Backing off now.

I checked each of the GV accounts.  They are fine.  One is a verified account with Google, so its definitely not them purposefully shutting the numbers.  This is an Obihai/Google issue.

nmssystems1

I have 30 of obi110 in 25 locations in the usa all say the same thing backing off..

good luck obi ..let the force be with you :)

yorktown

I just submitted a support ticket.  I highly recommend everyone does so it is placed on a high priority as a major bug fix.

http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

Talker

Same  problem here. After 30 + days of trouble free service , suddenly I cannot connect to Google Voice. I made no changes to OBi or  Google Voice. The status is " Backing off connection failed" Google Voice still forwards my calls to my cell phone correctly.
Support ticket submitted.

pedro

Same here.  All three of my OBi-110's are showing "Backing Off (1s):TCP connection to 74.125.130.125 failed"  Good thing I have Callcentric configured just in case this very thing ever happened.   :o

BTW, Nothing is showing up on Google Apps Status Dashboard.
http://www.google.com/appsstatus

bovineyard

Same thing here, 2 different obi100's on two different internet connections: message "there is no service available to complete your call" when trying to dial out. (using two different google voice accounts)  Submitted ticket

Sparkles

Same problem here.  Submitted ticket.  No GV working. :(
First time I've had a major issue since having Obihai service for about a year.

nicmart

It occurs to me that there were novel transmission problems in my calls yesterday and the night before. I repeatedly had to reconnect calls because the calling party's voice became inaudible, and the other parties were complaining about poor voice quality. Signs of a system about to fail?