News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

long delay while dialing... about 40s wait

Started by cocoLoco, May 11, 2012, 06:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocoLoco

Hi guys,

I've recently got a OBI110 and set it up with my sip account with faktortel ('m in australia).
I'm using the web interface integrated to the device to configure.

I've set up my digitmaps as follows (Same for both):

ITSP A : (0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|<:**6>1800xxxxxx|<:0612>13xx.|0011(33|44)xxxxxxxxx|09xxxxxx)
Phone PORT : (0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|<:**6>1800xxxxxx|<:0612>13xx.|0011(33|44)xxxxxxxxx|09xxxxxx)

outbound call route for phone port is simply: sp1
which should send all calls to faktortel

I can ring out on normal numbers (for example my mobile 04xxxxxxxx or landline 08xxxxxxxx) but after dialing the 10 numbers there is a wait of about 40 seconds before the phone starts ringing.
I don't thing this is due to the sip provider as I don't have the same problem when using a soft ip phone.

I've left all timers to default... any suggestions?

thanks for your help

cocoLoco

I just had a look in the Call History, and if I pick up the phone, dial a number then hang up quickly (all together about 10 seconds), this appears in the list of outbound calls.
Of course the called phone is not ringing yet, but I do see a call lasting 10 seconds on the obi interface.

however if I do the same thing but dial only 9 digits (so the obi is expecting a 10th digit for a complete number) the call doesnt appear in the list!

This makes me think that the problem is not in the digitmap...

ProfTech

Since you say at the beginning of your post that you will be using the built in web interface to configure & set up the Obi, be sure you check the following settings:

System Management -> Auto provisioning -> AutoFirmwareUpdate -> Method -> Disabled
System Management -> Auto provisioning -> ITSPProvisioning -> Method -> Disabled
System Management -> Auto provisioning -> ObitalkProvisioning -> Method -> Disabled
Voice Services -> ObiTalk Service -> ObiTalk Service Settings -> Enable - > UNchecked [Disables Obitalk]

Note that you can only make the last change if you have no intention of using your Obi to directly communicate with another Obi User. That is a perfectly acceptable use of the Obi. The Obitalk network is simply another [limited] service provider.

Reboot after setting the above items, before finalizing your configuration.

That said, there are lots of different ways to configure the Obi, sometimes with similar or identical end results. The inbound settings and Outbound settings are separate but sometimes related. I like to think of the settings as follows for simplicity:

Outbound Settings:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A [or B]-> Digit Map
Define the various strings EXACTLY as they need to be sent to the Service provider in order to be accepted. "Paste ups" (the use of < > marks) should not be needed here.

Phone Port -> Digit Map
Define the various strings here that the user is ALLOWED to dial. If he dials anything else, he should get an error tone from the Obi just like the phone company would do. Avoid using the "x." definition in any form unless it is absolutely required since it will introduce a 10 second delay after dialing. If all of your strings are exact length there should be no more than a 2 second delay after dialing. The only exception is in the case of the Obi 110 which has a LINE port. In that case all you need to do is be certain to set
Physical Interfaces -> Line port -> DetectOutboundConnectMethod - > "Assume connected after a short delay". This will make certain that you have no more than a 2 second delay ever. This is the section to enter any "Paste ups" similar to "<:**1>1217[2-9]xxxxxx" if you need them.

Phone port -> Outbound call route
Use this section tell the Obi where to send each of the strings that you defined in the previous step. Here you will put "Subtracts" [the opposite of paste ups] like <**1:> if you need them. Note that if your needs are simple you may not need either "Paste ups" nor "Subtracts". Note that "Paste ups" have the colon before the numbers and "Subtracts" have the colon after the number.

Inbound Settings:
The InboundCallRoute is [usually] simpler and can be as simple as "sp1" or "ph", etc. If you would like to restrict access to a particular service you can do so with something like {(14171234567:ph},{?|@:} where only user calling from phone number 4171234567 is allowed to ring your phone. Anyone else should get a busy signal. Note that the phone number must be entered axactly as your service provider sends it in caller ID.

There is a maximum length of 512 characters in the Digit maps and the OutBoundCallRoute. There should be no spaces in these strings or the Obi may not function correctly or at all. Also be sure that any (), {}, or <> are properly matched.

Hope this helps.

RonR

Quote from: cocoLoco on May 11, 2012, 06:21:47 AM
ITSP A : (0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|<:**6>1800xxxxxx|<:0612>13xx.|0011(33|44)xxxxxxxxx|09xxxxxx)
Phone PORT : (0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|<:**6>1800xxxxxx|<:0612>13xx.|0011(33|44)xxxxxxxxx|09xxxxxx)

The PHONE Port DigitMap is the only DigitMap directly accessed by the Digit Map Processor (DMP) during dialing.  Unless the PHONE Port DigitMap references another DigitMap [for example : (Msp1)], no other DigitMap will be used.  Since you have no such references in any of your rules, Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap will not be used.

ProfTech

If you make sure that your Phone Port -> Primary line is set to "SP1 Service" and change
Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute to {(Mpli):pli} it might work but can't say for sure.

RonR

Quote from: ProfTech on May 11, 2012, 11:47:33 AM
If you make sure that your Phone Port -> Primary line is set to "SP1 Service" and change
Phone port -> OutboundCallRoute to {(Mpli):pli} it might work but can't say for sure.

With PrimaryLine set to SP1 Service, an OutboundCallRoute of {(Mpli):pli} becomes {(MSp1):sp1)} which is potentially more restrictive than simply sp1.

cocoLoco

Thanks guys,

after playing with the settings etc I couldnt figure out what the problem was.
I have reset my device to default, deleted it from obitalk then added again.

I do not have the 40 seconds delay anymore, which is good.
I will work on my digitmap, there is a lot of info about it on this forum so hopefully I should be ok

Thanks for your help

cocoLoco

I'm not sure what happenned before with the delays, all is good now :)

I've set up the system using the expert setup on obitalk. Only reason I need expert is to modify my digit maps, as the device comes from US and is used in Australia for Australian numbers.

I'm only using it with SP1 for now to test it all, and will probably connect it to my phone line soon.

Digit map for Phone:
(000|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
                  (123 and 600 are test numbers for my voip provider, 000 is emergency)
Calling Route for Phone:
{#|000:li},{**0:aa},{(Mpli):pli},{<**9:ob>:pp}

Digit Map for ITSPA:
(0[23478]xxxxxxxx|<0011>[34][34]xxxxxxxxx|0011[34][34]xxxxxxxxx|1800xxxxxx|13xx.|123S0|600S0)
which is for
- 0[23478]xxxxxxxx : australian numbers
- <0011>[34][34]xxxxxxxxx : calling French/English numbers (adding the 0011 for international if we ommited it)
- 0011[34][34]xxxxxxxxx : calling French/English numbers
- 1800 is free australian numbers
- 13xx is local rate number (charged as local call no matter where you call from in Aus)
- 123 and 600 are test numbers for faktortel

I tried replacing <0011>[34][34]xxxxxxxxx with <0011>(33|44)xxxxxxxxx but it didnt work.
When dialing 33123456789 I had "there is no call route for this number" error.
So I use [34][34] instead which mean we could call 001143 and 001134... no big deal really (international calls are only allowed to those 2 countries on my SIP account anyway)

Thanks again :)