News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 Lost Dial Tone Flashiing Phone LED

Started by paulv, May 11, 2012, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulv

Just got my obi100 from Amazon 3 hours ago. It worked for an hour but now the green phone led flashes, I don't get dial tone and the phone reports 'line in use'. Tried three phone cables and two phones with the same result. Also based on searching the forum I removed the device from the dashboard & tried two factory resets with no change. I submitted a problem ticket. I'll leave the device connected to the network for now & plan to return it to AZ tomorrow unless you guys have a fix that I missed.

cheers -  paul  >:(

bitstopjoe

For giggles press ***6 on your attached phone ( after the dial tone of course) and see if there is an update available. If yes, hit one and let it do the update. Do NOT pick up your phone or drop power as it is updating. You will see the red power light flash a few times, and hopefully when all is said and done both lights will be back on and all will be working again.
Earlier this week ( Wed) Obi had a problem which needed a firmware update to fix. Maybe this is all you need as well

Let us know.

Joe Sica

paulv

Hey Joe,

thanks for the tip. I don't get dial tone but I tried ***6 anyway with no results. Then I went to the obi's internal webpage and replaced the FW with the previous 2690 version - no change to problem. I then restored the latest? 2711 version - again no change. Still no dial tone and flashing phone led.

- paul

RonR

Disconnect everything from the LINE and PHONE Port jacks.

Verify that the PHONE Port LED is still flashing.

Status -> PHONE and LINE Port Status

Note the Phone Port Status column.

You should see:

State : On Hook
LoopCurrent : 0 mA
VBAT : 57 V
TipRingVoltage : 45 V

If you see anything different, please report the values.

paulv

Thanks Ron,

here's what I get.

Disconnect everything from the LINE and PHONE Port jacks. Verify that the PHONE Port LED is still flashing. YES IT IS

State : - OFF HOOK
LoopCurrent : 19 ma
VBAT : 17V
TipRingVoltage : 2V

The unit feels very warm and I smell hot electronics.

- paul

RonR

There is something shorted internally in the OBi's PHONE Port.

You will need to contact Obihai or the supplier for a replacement.

paulv

Ron,

agreed. It was great while it worked & this looks like classic infant mortality so I'll return it to Amazon and get another one.

thanks again - paul

RFord

You said you have the OBi100, so how could you disconnect the cable from the LINE port?

Quote from: paulv on May 11, 2012, 03:56:12 PM
Thanks Ron,

here's what I get.

Disconnect everything from the LINE and PHONE Port jacks. Verify that the PHONE Port LED is still flashing. YES IT IS

State : - OFF HOOK
LoopCurrent : 19 ma
VBAT : 17V
TipRingVoltage : 2V

The unit feels very warm and I smell hot electronics.

- paul

paulv

Correct, I had the obi100 and unplugged the phone from the phone port. The unit is now on it's way back to Amazon and I should get another obi100 5/15/12. Hopefully this one will last a bit longer.  :)

- paul