News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Too many issues, no response from support

Started by Uncle_Wiggley, May 14, 2012, 09:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle_Wiggley

Thought I had a possible solution to getting away from the phone company, but so far, I'm disappointed.

I still can't get caller id info through from my line port to my phones. Created a support ticket and sent email to support, but got no response.

Now, call waiting is hanging up on the original caller when I try to flash back from picking up the second call. I've tried to increase the HookFlashTimeMax as mentioned here in the support forums, but that seemingly had no effect.

Sigh.

Uncle_Wiggley

Just wanted to update this..

I have received some response for support. I assume they were backed up and it took a few days to respond.

It might be a good idea to have some sort of auto-response initially so at least you know your message was received and to set some sort of expectation on response time.

I have learned that you have to double-flash to switch lines for call waiting unless you send the flash to the PSTN line through the config.

No good information on the problem with caller-id.

pc44

Hi,

Just checking... you are trying to receive Caller ID info on your phone that has plugged into the Phone Port of the OBI, if I understand correctly.  If so, and I know this sounds very basic, but did you double-check that the OBI is in fact receiving the Caller ID successfully?  If you go to your Status -> Call History in your OBI, it should list the Caller IDs of the calls in question.

You've probably already checked this, but I just wanted to make sure that the Caller ID is in fact being received successfully by the OBI!  :)

pc44

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: pc44 on May 16, 2012, 03:36:52 PM
Hi,

Just checking... you are trying to receive Caller ID info on your phone that has plugged into the Phone Port of the OBI, if I understand correctly.  If so, and I know this sounds very basic, but did you double-check that the OBI is in fact receiving the Caller ID successfully?  If you go to your Status -> Call History in your OBI, it should list the Caller IDs of the calls in question.

You've probably already checked this, but I just wanted to make sure that the Caller ID is in fact being received successfully by the OBI!  :)

pc44

Yes, I have checked the call history and there is no caller id information there. But, I know it is present because I have another device on the LINE port that receives it and if I plug the phones directly into the PSTN line, they also receive the caller id info.

The 64K question is why doesn't the OBi get the caller id data.

Ostracus

Didn't you say earlier that caller ID showed up under the Status>Phone & Line page but not under history?

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: Ostracus on May 16, 2012, 04:15:48 PM
Didn't you say earlier that caller ID showed up under the Status>Phone & Line page but not under history?

Yes, that is right. That is the only sign of it anywhere in the OBi.

Another strange thing is that when I was testing call waiting, I would see the caller id of the waiting call on the phone, but not the caller id of any original call.

RonR

Uncle_Wiggley,

I know you said you tried setting Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay to 6000.  Did you set that from the OBiTALK Web Portal or directly in the OBi?  Did you verify that it actually got set and stayed in the OBi itself by logging into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1?  Did you try an even larger value?

Have you verified (by logging into the OBi directly) that all settings on the LINE Port page are at Default
with the possible execption of?:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute

The fact that CallerID is showing up in PHONE and LINE Port Status would seem to indicate that the OBi is actually receiving and decoding CallerID from the LINE Port.

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: RonR on May 16, 2012, 05:27:45 PM
Uncle_Wiggley,

I know you said you tried setting Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay to 6000.  Did you set that from the OBiTALK Web Portal or directly in the OBi?  Did you verify that it actually got set and stayed in the OBi itself by logging into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1?  Did you try an even larger value?

Have you verified (by logging into the OBi directly) that all settings on the LINE Port page are at Default
with the possible execption of?:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute

The fact that CallerID is showing up in PHONE and LINE Port Status would seem to indicate that the OBi is actually receiving and decoding CallerID from the LINE Port.

Yes, I did verify the RingDelay change to 6000 by logging into the OBi itself. I think I also tried a longer delay.

The only non-default setting I have currently is DigitMap.