News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call waiting not working correctly on Obi110

Started by Uncle_Wiggley, May 14, 2012, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle_Wiggley

If a new call comes in on the Line port while on another Line port call, you hear the call waiting tone, the original call gets hung up on and then the phone rings with the new call.

This can't be normal, right?

RonR

I just double-checked that with the current firmware [1.3.0 (Build: 2711)] this does not happen here.

If I choose to ignore the second call, it ultimately goes to voicemail.

If I press the FLASH button on the phone, the original call is placed on hold and the second call is answered.  Additional presses of the FLASH button alternates between to two calls.

If you're losing the first call when you press the FLASH button to answer the second call, it may be that your phone produces an abnormally long on-hook time and you need to increase:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> HookFlashTimeMax

to prevent the OBi from interpreting the FLASH button as a hang up.

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: RonR on May 14, 2012, 11:10:43 AM
I just double-checked that with the current firmware [1.3.0 (Build: 2711)] this does not happen here.

If I choose to ignore the second call, it ultimately goes to voicemail.

If I press the FLASH button on the phone, the original call is placed on hold and the second call is answered.  Additional presses of the FLASH button alternates between to two calls.

If you're losing the first call when you press the FLASH button to answer the second call, it may be that your phone produces an abnormally long on-hook time and you need to increase:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> HookFlashTimeMax

to prevent the OBi from interpreting the FLASH button as a hang up.

I have the same firmware.

I've already increased the HookFlashTimeMax to 1250 and that didn't seem to help.

Almost seems like it is in a different mode or something given that it will sometimes transfer immediately to the second call without hitting FLASH.

RonR

Quote from: Uncle_Wiggley on May 14, 2012, 11:23:10 AM
Almost seems like it is in a different mode or something given that it will sometimes transfer immediately to the second call without hitting FLASH.

It's a very long shot, but have you tried a different telephone set connected to the OBi in case it's somehow reacting to the CallWaiting indication and doing something on its own?

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: RonR on May 14, 2012, 11:28:07 AM
Quote from: Uncle_Wiggley on May 14, 2012, 11:23:10 AM

It's a very long shot, but have you tried a different telephone set connected to the OBi in case it's somehow reacting to the CallWaiting indication and doing something on its own?

No, not for this issue, but I'll try it just to make sure.

Ostracus

Don't forget on some of the Panasonics the HookFlash time can be adjusted on the phone itself.

Also on some of your other problems when you go to your Obi110's Status menu and look at Phone&Line port status, what are your numbers?

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: Ostracus on May 14, 2012, 11:31:03 AM
Don't forget on some of the Panasonics the HookFlash time can be adjusted on the phone itself.

Also on some of your other problems when you go to your Obi110's Status menu and look at Phone&Line port status, what are your numbers?

Phone:
LoopCurrent     0 mA
VBAT               57V
TipRingVoltage 45V
CallerIdInfo      --

Line:
LoopCurrent     0 mA

TipRingVoltage 43V
CallerIdInfo      "Someone" 7776668888

Ostracus

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: Ostracus on May 14, 2012, 11:58:32 AM
What model Panasonic do you have?

I'll have to look up the exact model numbers. It is a single DECT-6 base station with 5 wireless extensions.

Uncle_Wiggley

Quote from: Ostracus on May 14, 2012, 11:58:32 AM
What model Panasonic do you have?

The base station is a Panasonic #: KX-TG6541

The handsets are Panasonic #: KX-TG1652