News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 router performance?

Started by ttabbal, May 14, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttabbal

I'm considering placing the Obi as my primary router to simplify QoS and SIP port issues. I have a public static IP. Can it handle high-bandwidth links? Are there any tests of its performance strictly from a router perspective? Right now, I just set the existing router QoS to apply high priority to the MAC of the Obi.

RonR

According to the OBi Device Administration Guide:

The maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps. This speed can be achieved when there are no active calls in the system. Otherwise the throughput will be limited to a slower speed to accommodate the load for voice processing.

ttabbal

Thanks. I thought I searched that doc. I must not have.

ProfTech

Not trying to influence your decision, but how do you connect to the internet? Is it DSL, Cable, Satellite, etc? The reason I ask is because if you are on DSL and have the capability to put your modem in the bridge mode you may not need to bypass your router. I've been running my modem in the bridge mode with my router hosting the internet connection since the very beginning. I used Vonage for 3 years and now SIP for a little over a year and have never had a problem with NAT / One Way audio. Just a thought.