News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 Connecting to network issue - strange!

Started by obelastixpbx, May 14, 2012, 01:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obelastixpbx

I have 2 Obi110's that I am trying to connect to my network. One Obi is connected through a DGS-1008G hub which connects to the network and it works fine. The second Obi is connected to the network without a hub, and it does not work! It shows up in the router with an assigned IP but the "phone" LED will not light up and I cannot make any calls, even to Echo (*9 222-222-222).

I swapped the Obi110's, and the one that is connected to the hub will always work while the other will not.

My network setup

Internet ---> Cisco Linksys E2000 --->Cisco SGE200P Switch ------>D-link DGS-1008G hub

Nonfunctional obi is connected to the cisco switch. The functional obi is connected to the d-link hub.

The non-functional obi's power also blinks, which means DHCP not working? Occasionally it will turn solid, but the phone LED will not turn solid and calls will still not work.

Not sure why being plugged into a hub makes a difference! Anyone have any ideas?

Ostracus

Check the cable between the switch and the Obi110.

RonR

By default, the OBi runs its Ethernet port at 10 mb/s half-duplex.  Some routers, hubs, switches, etc. don't like this.

Try switching your OBi's Ethernet ports to 100 mb/s full duplex:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

I run all mine this way even though I didn't have any problems.

obelastixpbx

I placed the offending Obi in the DMZ zone from the router and it started to work! I removed it from the DMZ right after and it's still working. Not sure why that did the trick but it did.

RonR I will go ahead and do what you instructed as well, can full duplex increase sound quality or is the bandwith from a voice call so minute that it would make no difference?

RonR

Quote from: obelastixpbx on May 14, 2012, 02:00:41 PM
I placed the offending Obi in the DMZ zone from the router and it started to work! I removed it from the DMZ right after and it's still working. Not sure why that did the trick but it did.

I'm skeptical that DMZ had anything to do with it.  The Ethernet port probably just happened to start working at the same time.

Quote from: obelastixpbx on May 14, 2012, 02:00:41 PM
I will go ahead and do what you instructed as well, can full duplex increase sound quality or is the bandwith from a voice call so minute that it would make no difference?

10 mb/s half-duplex should provide more than enough bandwidth.  It's all about compatibility and not quality.

obelastixpbx

I tried everything, even plugging it directly into the switch. No dice. The second I pressed the button for DMZ it worked.