News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 202 + Sonicwall router doesn't work

Started by west, May 14, 2012, 09:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

west

Hi-
Just received an obi 202, but it does not want to get DHCP from my sonicwall pro-series router. There are over 50 other different devices on this router and none of them have ever had any issue with DHCP. I also tried setting up static IP, and it still does not connect to the internet (**9222222222 gives a busy tone)

So... is there a port I need to open an NAT to the OBI 202?

I can't believe I'm the only one who can't get this thing to work behind a firewall.

west

More features that don't work: According to the OBI manual, I can manage the device using the web browser.
Unfortunately, this also does not work.

I have configured my device to be 192.168.3.7 and when I point my browser to this address, I get a timeout. Also- not pingable. when I dial ***1, the device claims to be at 192.168.3.7, but I think it is not working as advertised.

RonR

**9222222222 should get a "There is no service available to complete your call" message if there's an Internet connection problem.  A busy usually indicates a dialing problem.

See if changing the OBi's Ethernet port from the default 10 mb/s half-duplex to 100 mb/s full-duplex helps:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

RonR

Quote from: west on May 14, 2012, 09:48:37 PM
More features that don't work: According to the OBI manual, I can manage the device using the web browser.
Unfortunately, this also does not work.

I have configured my device to be 192.168.3.7 and when I point my browser to this address, I get a timeout. Also- not pingable. when I dial ***1, the device claims to be at 192.168.3.7, but I think it is not working as advertised.

If you can't get an IP address via DHCP, it's not surprising that setting a static IP address doesn't work either.

Billt928

I was having similar issues, I fixed the issues by using the phone handset to change the OBI 202 from router mode to bridge mode then all has been working as it should.

This information can be found in the admin manual on pg 28

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 31 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

Hope this helps

west

Unfortunately, none of these fixes work.