News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 not placing/receiving GV calls

Started by nihmrodd, May 15, 2012, 09:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nihmrodd

Hi All,

Had my OBi100 setup perfectly and was placing/receiving calls through my GV. Returned from weekend vacation to find the device with a solid red power light. Performed factory reset which returned it to a green light, but this also seemed to wipe out all GV settings. Through the OBiTALK portal I've gone through and ensured all GV settings to be correct. I have attempted updating the firmware both through ***6 on my handset and through the download and installation of the FW through the device's System Management portal. Both will verify that the firmware is updated, but then at some point both will later say that it is not, which the OBiTALK verifies as well with the reappearance of the orange triangle. Unsure if both of these issues are connected, but wouldn't be surprised. In summary:

1. I want to get the firmware update to stick. Have updated multiple times through ***6 and device portal, both have been initially successful, but both eventually revert to "old" firmware (build 2690).

2. I want to be able to use the device with my GV number again. Was working perfectly before last weekend when device displayed solid red light and I performed factory reset and attempted the above FW updates. Settings in ObiTALK seem to be correct and unaltered.

Appreciate any help,

Ryan

nihmrodd

UPDATE:

I did another factory reset followed by a firmware update, and the FW seems to have stuck this time. However, I'm still not able to use the Google Voice service. I've deleted the SP1 settings and reentered them, but nowhere do I see either "connected" or "backing off" status. The OBiTalk Dashboard continually shows the device as "Offline."

Any help still very appreciated.

RonR

If all else fails, try the following:

Log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 (default username/password = admin/admin).  Configure the OBi as follows (all other settings at Default):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Click Submit at the bottom of any page you make changes to.  Click Reboot in the upper right corner when all changes have been made.

nihmrodd

Thanks, that did the trick. Any downside to the manual setup vs getting it to work through the OBiTalk portal?

ShermanObi

If you disable OBiTALK provisioning or OBiTALK Service you definitely lose functionality.  Any changes made to the OBi device should be performed via the OBiTALK portal and OBi Expert Configuration pages (if required).

By keeping OBiTALK Service and OBiTALK provisioning enabled, the following services are available today (more will be available in the future):

• OBi-to-OBi Calling
       Including: Calling to/from your OBi to/from the OBiON for iPhone or Android and OBiApp for PC
  • OBi-to-OBi-to-SIP or Google Voice Service Calling (and vice-versa)
  • OBiTALK Device Configuration
       Including Configuration of SIP and Google Voice Service(s)
       Emergency Calling Service Set-Up
       Convenient Setting Time-Zone, Attendant PIN, etc.
  • OBiTALK Circle of Trust Invites / Acceptance
  • Speed Dial Configuration Across All Your OBi Devices & Soft Phone
  • Assignment of Trusted Callers' Phone Numbers for Access to the OBi Attendant for Service Bridging
  • OBi Expert Cloud Based Configuration
       By the way: We are Fixing the Config Import Function
  • Direct Support from Obihai via e-mail or Phone

nihmrodd

Quote from: ShermanObi on May 16, 2012, 11:12:28 AM
If you disable OBiTALK provisioning or OBiTALK Service you definitely lose functionality.  Any changes made to the OBi device should be performed via the OBiTALK portal and OBi Expert Configuration pages (if required).

By keeping OBiTALK Service and OBiTALK provisioning enabled, the following services are available today (more will be available in the future):

• OBi-to-OBi Calling
       Including: Calling to/from your OBi to/from the OBiON for iPhone or Android and OBiApp for PC
  • OBi-to-OBi-to-SIP or Google Voice Service Calling (and vice-versa)
  • OBiTALK Device Configuration
       Including Configuration of SIP and Google Voice Service(s)
       Emergency Calling Service Set-Up
       Convenient Setting Time-Zone, Attendant PIN, etc.
  • OBiTALK Circle of Trust Invites / Acceptance
  • Speed Dial Configuration Across All Your OBi Devices & Soft Phone
  • Assignment of Trusted Callers' Phone Numbers for Access to the OBi Attendant for Service Bridging
  • OBi Expert Cloud Based Configuration
       By the way: We are Fixing the Config Import Function
  • Direct Support from Obihai via e-mail or Phone

Can you give me some direction then on how to remain within the OBiTALK portal and resolve my issues? The manual fix above did work, but I'm certainly happy to go with a more "approved" method so long as the outcome is the same.

Thanks

ShermanObi

Your use-case is perfect for OBiTALK configuration.  To bring the unit back to a state that can be added to the OBiTALK portal, just do a factory reset.  Then, sign-in to OBiTALK and use the Add Device function.  This will allow you to select a "Set-up Google Voice" button to use GV as your primary line to call out. 

If you end-up getting a second service provider like Anveo, Callcentric, VoIP.ms, etc., and , you can use the Service Provider 2 settings for this.  Note: With a second service provider that supports E911, you can select the "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" check box and calls to 911 will use this service (because Google Voice does not support emergency services calling).

If there is any need to tweak parameters outside the scope of the higher level OBiTALK web portal, from the OBiTALK Device Configuration screen you may use the OBi Expert Configuration pages.  If you are interested, here is a primer on OBi Expert (Click Here).

If you have any issues, contact support@obihai.com or use this form: Click Here.