News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble with brand new OBI202

Started by Danny, May 18, 2012, 09:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny

Hello forum,

I am trying to set up GV on OBI202. Everything works well and OBI sucessfully connect to GV, but when I place a call from OBI box to my cell number, I hear "busy signal" while dialing my cell phone. On another occasions the call goes directly to my cell phone.

Has anybody experienced similar symptoms?

I've been with Vonage for over 7 years and was thinking to make a move to OBI, but now not sure what to do.

pc44

Hi Danny,

You mentioned that you hear a busy signal while dialing your cell phone number.  Do you get this busy signal before you finish dialing the number?  Or, are you able to finish dialing the cell number completely?

You can also check your OBI's call history under Status -> Call History to see what it has to say about these unsuccessful outgoing calls to your cell.

If your problem is primarily intermittent (with complete success at times), then perhaps it is another issue such as network, lines, or firewalls.  I assume your cell phone has its own voicemail service that is properly functioning right now.  Perhaps you could let us know more information regarding your setup.

pc44