News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Formatting Caller ID Number

Started by mhobizal, May 19, 2012, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhobizal

Is there a way to format the Caller ID number from Google Voice that is being displayed on my phone?  Every time I receive a call I always see a 1 before the number.  I would prefer to remove the 1 and just see the area code and number.  I'm only using GV at the present time.

Thanks!

ProfTech

The Obi simply forwards what it receives from Google on to your phone. If Google is sending a 1 there is no way to remove it. If you would like to use *69 to return a call it is likely you will need the 1 on there anyway.

Diana

Maybe this thread might help.  If your phone is capable of showing different format, you can select the desire format.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1492.0

...."As best I can tell, all CallerID formatting is done by your phone.

Scroll to a CallerID on your phone that you don't like.   Then press the # key and see if you can change the format to one you lke better.".........

Quote from: mhobizal on May 19, 2012, 07:17:07 AM
Is there a way to format the Caller ID number from Google Voice that is being displayed on my phone?  Every time I receive a call I always see a 1 before the number.  I would prefer to remove the 1 and just see the area code and number.  I'm only using GV at the present time.

Thanks!