News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vopium

Started by Mike2012, May 21, 2012, 06:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike2012

Anyone using Vopium for international calls? (www.vopium.com)
I am planning to use them. I asked them for their proxy server information and they said it can be obtained through rtsip.vopium.com. What does that mean? Should I enter rtsip.vopium.com as the proxy server in OBI SP2 configuration as Generic Service Provider? The screen also asks for user name and password.

pc44

Hi Mike,

No experience with Vopium myself, but the address they gave you sounds like it is their proxy server information.  Again, I have no personal experience with them, but I would guess that the rtsip.vopium.com is their proxy server.  For username and password, you would need an account with them.  So you are best off contacting them directly for this information, after you have signed up for an account.

I looked at their website, and it seems they have a Support option right there.  So, perhaps you can give that a shot and see what they recommend!

pc44

carl

Vopium's rates are several times higher than Localphone's and even higher than Callcentric's. I do not see any reason to use them.

Stewart

Quote from: carl on June 09, 2012, 06:12:55 PM
Vopium's rates are several times higher than Localphone's and even higher than Callcentric's. I do not see any reason to use them.
In Vopium's defense they have "unlimited" plans, e.g. http://vopium.com/unlimited (cap is 2000 minutes) that could be an excellent deal if you use >1000 minutes to the destinations they cover. 

carl

Quote from: Stewart on June 09, 2012, 06:29:03 PM

In Vopium's defense they have "unlimited" plans, e.g. http://vopium.com/unlimited (cap is 2000 minutes) that could be an excellent deal if you use >1000 minutes to the destinations they cover. 

True, but they do not include cell phones, at least not those in European countries, which are a real pain, plus I solved the problem in 2 out of four frequently called destination countries by getting Localphone DID's for 1$/month. 

Mike2012

Yes, I am interested in using their 'unlimited' plan.
Is it possible to configure Vopium as SP2 (Google voice as SP1) and route US calls through GV and international calls through Vopium? How can I do this?

Frankfone

Could you please tell us how you integrate your DID call into Obi110?
I have a DID ( local number) in Argentina and would like to use the OBI110 to get my calls in the USA with Google Voice.
My service provider is www.sendmycall.com and they let you set up whatever system you want to use in thier webpage. The price for the DID number is also very reasonable ( u$s 5.50 ) with no need to buy any other service.
(setup fee u$s 5)

Thank you.

Quote from: carl on June 09, 2012, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: Stewart on June 09, 2012, 06:29:03 PM

True, but they do not include cell phones, at least not those in European countries, which are a real pain, plus I solved the problem in 2 out of four frequently called destination countries by getting Localphone DID's for 1$/month.