News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 + Asterisk/FreePBX +FXO (outbound only)

Started by refdaddy, May 24, 2012, 02:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

refdaddy

I am using Freepbx.  I want to use the Obi110 strictly to provide FXO connection for outbound calls via PSTN.

Could someone provide me a straight-forward guide to accomplish this simple task?  

Simpler the better to match my short attention span ;)

Thanks in advance

Refdaddy

MichiganTelephone

You can use the instructions here but just don't do the part that deals with incoming calls.  And pay attention to the paragraph that begins with "In case you are wondering, yes, it would be possible to tweak this setting to send calls to other places."  That will show you how to send the calls to the line port rather than a Google Voice account.

Unfortunately, my writing is more geared toward people who want to know at least a little of the "how and why" behind something, so I don't know if it will be simple enough for you or not.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.