News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Port Bell number to Voip.MS

Started by Fablog, May 24, 2012, 02:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fablog

Hello, I'm right now with Bell for phone service and Teksavvy for DSL Internet. I want to cancel the Bell service, port my number to VOIP.MS and use Electronic box Internet cable network. I don't want any phone and Internet service interruption. What I would like to know is: if Voip.ms do the porting right now will the Bell phone service be working (for the dsl line) the time needed to cancel Teksavvy and order Electronic box? If not, how would manage this situation?

Thank you!

Trev

Hello,

1. Do not call Bell to cancel anything.
2. Make arrangements for your new Internet service.
3. Provide notice to cancel your existing Internet service.  Provide a one week buffer if you want to anticipate any unforeseen delays.
4. Port your number.
5. Your Bell account is closed automatically when your number has ported.

Good luck!

Trev
In Canada and looking for an OBi?
https://www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/

Fablog

Thank you Trev, it's very clear!

Akki

No to open a new thread, i have similar situation.

Difference is i am using Bell Business services, Internet and Phone, contract is expiring on March 16 2014.
Id like to switch to start.ca and voip.ms

But, when to start porting process?

voip.ms port takes 1-4 weeks. and bell requires 30 days cancellation notice.

if i call bell on feb 16th, and voip.ms port number before march 16th, Bell will charge me early term fee.

I am so confused with situation and need your advise.

Thanks

QBZappy

Akki,

Welcome to the forum.

I ported my Bell number to voip.ms a while ago. It didn't take long. I don't think it takes a week to port. Simply ask your new voip provider to port the number to you. Bell will be notified and cancel the phone service automatically. As for the internet service, if they requires 30 days, that should be your guide.

Quote from: Akki on January 14, 2014, 03:06:58 PM
bell requires 30 days cancellation notice.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.