News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Switching Between Lines

Started by bsdaiwa, May 24, 2012, 03:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Ok, I setup my new Obi110 using the automated system so that GV was the primary and Callcentric is the secondary but how do I switch between the two? Where can I set the way you switch between the two and when you do switch do you hear a dial tone for the other service?
Any help would be appreciated.

pc44

Hi bsdaiwa,

You can set up more complex dial plans (digit maps) if you want to get fancy with customizing which phone numbers use which line, but here is the simpler version.

• SP1 is your default line.  So when you pick up your phone that is connected to your OBI, it should use your SP1 service by default.  I'm going to guess you have GV on SP1.

• To use SP2 when placing a call, you press ***2 and then the phone number you want to call.  This will place the call using your SP2 service, which I'll guess you have set up as Callcentric.

As long as you have not changed any of the default settings for your dial plans, this should work.  I'm assuming your original inquiry was regarding outgoing calls.  Either way, let us know how this works out for you.

As always, anyone else feel free to correct me if needful :)
pc44

MurrayB

ProfTech

Yes, it would be **2. To get a dial tone you would need to change the phone port digit map from the default setting of **2(Msp) to **2{t=di2}(Msp) or **2{t=od}(Msp). Either may be used. I think the tone may sound a little different. You can use whichever one you like. It sounds like you are using the Obitalk portal for configuration. I'm afraid I can't tell you the best way to make the change through the portal, however.

bsdaiwa

When I log into the Obi100 using the IP address and look at the Phone Port - DigitMap I see the following:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Can you show me where I need to make the change so that I receive a dial tone when I enter **2?

Thanks

QBZappy

Quote from: bsdaiwa on May 25, 2012, 12:40:07 PM
When I log into the Obi100 using the IP address and look at the Phone Port - DigitMap I see the following:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Can you show me where I need to make the change so that I receive a dial tone when I enter **2?

Thanks

I think this should do it. You can also try replacing with the other dial tone. {t=od}. Dial **2 and listen for different dial tone.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bsdaiwa

That did it, thanks very much for your help.

bsdaiwa

Ooops, it stopped working. For some reason it reverted back to the default. Each time I make the change click on Apply then reboot, the Obi100 reverts back to the default setting.
Just to be clear, I am making the change to Physical Interfaces > Phone Port  > Phone Port> DigitMap. I uncheck the box under Default and enter the change then click on Apply and once it is applied I reboot. When I check on the change it has reverted back to the default and the box is checked again. This is all done using the local IP address not the OBi web interface.
Anyone have suggestions?

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

This is the moment you must decide to use the OBi web portal or the OBi unit web page.

You seem to be using the OBi web portal. You need to figure out where to make those changes using the portal or you must disable this automatic updating feature on the unit if you prefer to use the web unit to make the changes. Your decision how you want to manage the unit.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bsdaiwa

Thanks, I did some additional reading an noticed that I needed to use one or the other but not both. I settled on the web portal and made the change to the DigitMap and it held.
Thanks for your guidance.