News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Best paid providers to use for domestic calling with Obihai

Started by davidaj, May 24, 2012, 05:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidaj

There are a number of paid providers to chose from if one wants something in addition to Google Voice.  For those of you that have researched this and used such, which providers seem to have the best balance of price and reliability and overall ease of use with an Obihai device.

Thanks.

ProfTech

I have tried Voip.ms, CallWithUs, Anveo, and I always come back to CallCentric. I didn't find Voip.ms service to be particularly reliable and their customer support to be less than stellar. The CallWithUs system went down 15 minutes after I signed up and I think was out for several hours. I think Anveo might be good for light commercial use but for my home use I was going to have to buy a bunch of add-ons just to get some of the basic features that come with Callcentric. Callcentric has two new subscription plans that are very attractive and include 911. BTW I do not work for them. I was a Vonage customer for 3 years before I found the SIP devices. Callcentric customer service has always been good even though you have to open a ticket over the internet. No phone support as far as I've been able to tell. Their system is also easy to use and configure "as-you-like-it". Just my opinions.

carl

Domestic :  Callcentric
International : Localphone

You can use Localphone domestically as well, as a matter of fact it is much cheaper than Callcentric however somewhat basic and the call quality is often less. They now also have live customer service, you have to call their number in UK but at their rates it is not a problem.

VOIPisGreat

I have been using voip.ms and recently I added a callcentric account. I haven't used the callcentric long enough to tell which provider is better, but I haven't had big issues with voip.ms

In my experience the support from voip.ms was pretty good, I have done both live chat and opened a ticket and they were all resolved to my satisfaction quickly. YMMV.

lhm.

Purplelaser

I have been using TelTub for a year and am very happy with the service. I use their T-Home service.

ChyrillStucker

I had researched many but finally ended up with The Real PBX. My experience has been good and this provider is capable of offering reliable services at a reasonable price. You can check it out.

N7AS

I use Anveo and GoogleVoice on my OBi100 for my Home Phone. For my business Phone on my OBi110 I use an Anveo Extension, Localphone, GoogleVoice, a few Free DIDs from Callcentric and some Free UK DIDs via SIP URI.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.