News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trusted caller setup using AA

Started by JeanObiUser, May 25, 2012, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanObiUser

Hi,

I need some help. I am on vacation overseas and I took my Obi with me. I have set it to up to make the local calls here which are 7 digit numbers and to make calls to the US when the numbers are 10 digits with a 1 in front of it.
I'm trying to setup my trusted callers list to use the auto attendant. I want to be able to call the obi with a cell phone when I am out, have the auto attendant answer and give me the option to make a overseas call to the US from here.

I noticed that when I add numbers to the Trusted Callers list on the Obi Dashboard the numbers are placed in "SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute :". My SP1 service is google voice and hence why I think calling from the cell phone is not answered by the attendant, because the call comes in through the line port and not the ethernet to SP1. How can I set it up provide the Auto Attendant the local cell phones here when I call the line port local phone number?

Thanks in advance.

Jean

QBZappy

You mentioned you have a line port, then it must be an OBi110. Assuming you enter using unit web interface. If you use the portal, you get the idea.

If line port is all you need,then look here:
Physical Interfaces->LINE Port->InboundCallRoute = Insert here

Insert something like this:
{(x.5145551212|x.5145551213|x.5145551214):aa},{pp(ob290000000),ph}

Explaination:
3 different numbers can hit the AA, everything else hits an OBiAPP, and phone

You can simplify it by removing the pieces which you don't need. You may also consider implementing the speed dials with this approach. It will save you time. I like to set up the speed dial like this **25145551212. Note that I prepend which service provider (**2) that I want to use to make the outgoing call. When you hit the AA press the speed dial "number" +"#".
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JeanObiUser

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do have an OBI00. What you mentioned I already have. I have the cellphone numbers I want answered by the AA in the Physical Interfaces->LINE Port->InboundCallRoute field, however, it still doesn't work.

This is what I have:

InboundCallRoute    {(1xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx):aa},{ph}

The 'x's above are actual numbers in my setup.

I did notice though that in the "Last 10 Calls" section (that shows the incoming and outgoing calls to the Obi) the cellphone numbers that I added to the InboundCallRoute field are not being shown. It shows the the calls are coming in from LINE 1 and going to PHONE1, but the "Peer Number" section is showing up empty. The other incoming and out going call "Peer Numbers" are showing in the list, but not the numbers from numbers I added to the trusted call list. I might be wrong, but I am thinking this is the problem. I have no idea how to fix this. Do you or anyone know what may be wrong here?

Stewart

Confirm  that your landline has caller ID service, i.e. that a phone connected directly to the wall jack (not through the OBi) correctly shows your cell phone number when you call in.

What country are you in?  (You may need to set the OBi for a different caller ID standard.  Also, there may be other good options that don't involve the OBi.)

Who is your cellular carrier?  Do you have a data plan?  Smartphone?  Are incoming calls free?  Can you call the US from your cell phone, e.g. to trigger a callback (which would not answer so should be free)??