News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Calls to home voicemail instead of Google Voicemail?

Started by AbsolutKaz, May 25, 2012, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbsolutKaz

Hey everyone!

Is there any way to check my messages on my phone's voicemail, or am I forced to log online everytime I have a message...just let me know...thanks! :)

QBZappy

AbsolutKaz,

If the message is going to Google VM then you need to use a computer. If you force your phone answering machine to pickup before Google (under 25 seconds) then you can use the phone VM. You cannot have both.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

AbsolutKaz

Thanks!

I really just want to use the phone's build in message system and not worry about logging in for messages.

Now to time everything out...

:)

pc44

Quote from: QBZappy on May 25, 2012, 12:56:29 PM
AbsolutKaz,

If the message is going to Google VM then you need to use a computer. If you force your phone answering machine to pickup before Google (under 25 seconds) then you can use the phone VM. You cannot have both.

Hi QBZappy,

Question, could he also just dial his own GV number to check his GV messages?  And would this allow him to check his GV voicemail without having to use a computer?

Just double-checking ;D
pc44

QBZappy

pc44,

If you use call your GV number with the phone that you used to register with to set up GV, you should land on your GV VM. From the OP it sounded like he preferred to use his phone VM. It certainly is an option to consider.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.