News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issues keeping my Obi online...

Started by mattress, March 13, 2011, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattress

I seem to be having an issue where my Obi goes offline.  The only way to "fix" it is to power cycle it.  Anyone seen this issue and have suggestions on how to correct it?

heavyharmonies

Identical behavior to what I am seeing now since I replaced my router. It's better than it was, but not reliable.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=298.0

RonR

Quote from: mattress on March 13, 2011, 12:15:57 PM
I seem to be having an issue where my Obi goes offline.
Please describe "Obi goes offline" in great detail.  What are all the symptoms and indications you are seeing and what exactly is the result?

mattress

Quote from: RonR on March 13, 2011, 12:38:24 PM
Quote from: mattress on March 13, 2011, 12:15:57 PM
I seem to be having an issue where my Obi goes offline.
Please describe "Obi goes offline" in great detail.  What are all the symptoms and indications you are seeing and what exactly is the result?

I'm unable to dial out and the ObiTalk website shows the device offline.  Once I power cycle it, everything is back to normal.  It's happened several times since I got the device last week.

RonR

Don't put a lot of faith in the OBiTALK portal as it has been constantly showing a number of us offline since last Sunday's scheduled maintenance.

You didn't mention what service provider you're trying to call out through.  You should watch the status page when the problem occurs and see if the provider changes from Registered or Connected to some other state.  Your problem may be with the provider or with an OBi configuration parameter for that provider.

mattress

Quote from: RonR on March 13, 2011, 02:55:20 PM
Don't put a lot of faith in the OBiTALK portal as it has been constantly showing a number of us offline since last Sunday's scheduled maintenance.

You didn't mention what service provider you're trying to call out through.  You should watch the status page when the problem occurs and see if the provider changes from Registered or Connected to some other state.  Your problem may be with the provider or with an OBi configuration parameter for that provider.

If it was just the portal showing me offline, I wouldn't care.  But I certainly do appear to be offline, and only a power cycle fixes it.

And what status page are you referring to?

RonR

Status -> System Status -> SP1 Service Staus -> Status

and

Status -> System Status -> SP2 Service Staus -> Status

and

Status -> System Status -> OBiTALK Service Status -> Status

mattress

Quote from: RonR on March 13, 2011, 03:11:40 PM
Status -> System Status -> SP1 Service Staus -> Status

and

Status -> System Status -> SP2 Service Staus -> Status

and

Status -> System Status -> OBiTALK Service Status -> Status

please excuse my newbness...

Is that on the Obitalk website, or somewheres else?

RonR

In the Obi itself.  Use your web browser to connect to the IP address returned by ***1 from your phone.

QBZappy

mattress,

"please excuse my newbness..."

I love that comment. That is one of the gem comments, amonst a few others in this forum. Made me laugh.  ;D

Don't hesitate on asking about anything.

Maybe in December I will make a top 10 list of gem comments.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Roger

Every few days the Obi will stop working, so I will look at it and the first LED is red.  I unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in and it starts working fine again.  I tried adding port forwarding to fix the problem, but it is still doing it.  Now I would like to know if there is a way I can have the Obitalk send me a email when it discovers the Obi is offline, then I would know to power cycle it.  Or could the Obi be scheduled to reboot once a night.  Maybe that would help.  I don't know...

earthtoobi

1.The idea of a device like Obi is that it remains ON.
Try assigning a static IP to Obi.that will rule out any DHCP related issues.
get in touch with obisupport if the issue persists.

2. Work around.
for scheduled reboot refer this thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1152.0

OBiSupport

Quote from: Roger on August 07, 2011, 06:02:22 PM
Every few days the Obi will stop working, so I will look at it and the first LED is red.  I unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in and it starts working fine again.  I tried adding port forwarding to fix the problem, but it is still doing it.  Now I would like to know if there is a way I can have the Obitalk send me a email when it discovers the Obi is offline, then I would know to power cycle it.  Or could the Obi be scheduled to reboot once a night.  Maybe that would help.  I don't know...

Hi Roger,

Does your OBi behave unstably from the very beginning? It should NOT require any pre-scheduled reboot to get around.

Please contact us at support@obihai.com along with your 9-digit OBi number, we will closely look into your issue.

Thanks,