News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I buy from Canada again? for OBI202

Started by glhunt, May 27, 2012, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glhunt

How do I buy from Canada again? Amazon isn't letting me buy because of my address again, I had this problem when ordering the OBi110. You provided a link to amazon making sure that we dealt with amazon only I believe and I got my OBi. I've chose OBI202 Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon. NO GOOD
then I chose amazon direct and that was NO GOOD either. So can some one help and show me how we do this again. 

QuoteIn Stock.
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.
Sold by Obihai Technology, Inc. and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Looking through the shipping details amazon say that it's the vender that restricts the overseas sending. So I'm thinking why would Obihai Technology, Inc. do that, when previously in emails and posts you've encourage overseas sales.

Their again why would amazon restrict them self's when they are the vender?

I wish I could just pick up the phone and ring someone to find out but you can't do that now day's, it has to be done via email's, forms, tickets ect ..... also slow.       

Trev

Digital Conceptions sells these.  You can buy either on Amazon.ca or save a couple dollars by ordering direct at http://www.digitalcon.ca/obi.html

Thanks!
In Canada and looking for an OBi?
https://www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/

Godot

I bought mine through Digital Conceptions. It arrived real fast and there was no border hassles or fees. I just wish I wasn't having hassles getting the stupid thing to work consistently.

OBiSupport

Using the OBiTALK portal, the OBi202 should be straightforward to set-up.
Remember to use the OBi Expert Configuration pages to make any advanced config changes.

support@obihai.com

Godot

Pardon my comments above calling my dear Obi202 "stupid". It turns out it was I who was stupid. Thanks to PC44, on another thread, everything is working fine now. I was getting frustrated with the device due to an error I made. The Obi202 is pretty easy to set-up and use particularly if you stick to Google Voice (not a real option for Canadians) or just one Voip number. I got in a little in over my head for a newbie -- with 3 numbers -- but everything seems to be working fine now.

glhunt

Thank you Trev.

I did see this link but it's at $92.95 and when I go to check out it comes to $106.???. Is Obihai no longer supporting Canadians with direct sales? With their current offer of $74.?? US it would come to much the same or less in exchange to $CAN.

Looking through the shipping details amazon say that it's the vender that restricts the overseas sending. So I'm thinking why would Obihai Technology, Inc. do that, when previously in emails and posts you've encourage overseas sales.

Their again why would amazon restrict them self's when they are the vender?

I found my previous sale of the OBi110 confirmed that it came from amazon as the vender, so why it doesn't work this time who knows?

Please can I purchase from you Obihai and take advantage of your offers as my US brethren.

Trev

Hey glhunt,

The $106 final price you see includes shipping and HST.  Amazon does not let Canadian sellers specify shipping or taxes based on the province, so the prices have to factor in the highest rates, unfortunately.

If you buy directly from my site you'll pay $89.95+GST or HST (based on your province).  Shipping is included.

If you were to order from the US, keep in mind that customs fees can present unexpected costs.  For example, Canada Post charges a $8.50 handling fee plus GST/HST of the declared value.  Of course, sometimes things slip by (especially lower value items), so it's a gamble whether you'll pay that or not.

By all means, if you can get it from the US at a better cost, that's totally up to you.

Otherwise, you can order your OBi from within Canada and receive it fast and without any unexpected customs/brokerage charges :)

Trev

* See http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGcustoms-e.asp#1382719

glhunt

Hi Trev, Thanks again.

If you are a member of the OBihai Team, then I say that your not giving us the choice by denying postage to Canada and letting us decide the risk.

Quite a few Canadians run this risk in order to get the products they desire at affordable prices, the Canadians that reside close to the border rent postal address or drop off points.

Can you not pass on the promotional price to your resellers?

Did you give reseller here in Canada exclusivity over Canadian purchases?

as of today amazon
QuoteForget someone? Enter a new shipping address
Important Message

Obihai Technology VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2-Phone Ports (OBI202) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

Trev

Hi glhunt,

No, I'm not affiliated with Obihai.  The only association is that I buy their products directly from them and my organization sells them locally north of the border.

Trev

MeLLoJeLLo

Looks like the free shipping is not there anymore....

Trev

Indeed with the newly designed store the free shipping is gone but the prices are also lower.  If you order multiple units, the savings start to add up.

glhunt

Amazon.com was to offer International sales to Canada. I was told this direct from OBi by phone, that they where to instruct Amazon to offer the service, this was a couple a months back. This is ONLY Amazon direct, this was because OBi wasn't geared up to handling International orders themselves.

But I see that Amazon still only offer Domestic rates. Either I was lied to or their communication when wrong? I must say the OBi employee on the phone did sound very sincere.

MeLLoJeLLo

Quote from: Trev on July 25, 2012, 04:21:51 PM
Indeed with the newly designed store the free shipping is gone but the prices are also lower.  If you order multiple units, the savings start to add up.

Hum, not sure about the prices being lower. Before the change, the OBI202 was 89.95, with shipping included, before tax. 

Of course the product price is lower, but the total price that the consumer will pay is higher now.

If you take the (new) lower price of the OBI202 for exemple, combined with the cheapest shipping we get 94.17$, before the taxes. A 4.48% price increase, for me if I want to buy one today.

the biggest price increase is by far the OBiWIFI. It was 32.50, shipping included. Before taxes. I know I bought one. Now with the new way it's calculated, it's 44.17 before taxes. A 26.42% increase in total price, for me if I want to buy one today.

Conclusion: there is a price increase, but still cheaper than Amazon.com... Until they allow shipping to Canada.  :-X

Trev

Thanks for the feedback.

Digital Conceptions is going to review the pricing later this week and take selling performance into account.  I can tell you that that pricing is lower for BC and AB buyers, since shipping is lower as well.  The pricing is also lower for anyone who purchases 2 or more products regardless of their shipping address.

The OBiWiFi, when ordered by itself at the previous price, was selling at a loss due to the high shipping costs, so it's not likely to continue selling at the previous price.

Trev

Clive

If I buy through Amazon, the only items I can get in Europe are the 100 & 110 from the UK and so they have the wrong plug & no, they won't supply the appropriate plug. I cannot buy from Amazon dot com because they don't deliver OBi's to Europe.

I operate a voip service and have started using OBi's exclusively. I have been looking to try out the 202 and associated wifi & bluetooth add-ons but I can't get them here. If I could get them from Canada, I'd have the same issue with plugs plus I'd have around €50 added as import tax making them VERY expensive.

Whilst I think the 100 & 110 are great, I feel somewhat let down by OBi because of the above issues.