News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call transfer

Started by Wilbour, May 30, 2012, 01:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilbour

Not sure if this is possible. My setup is as follows: I have a phone directly connected to my PSTN. In the other room I have a phone connected to the OBI110. When the ansering machine on the PSTN takes the call we cannot connect with the OBI110 phone. If you pick up that phone it connects directly to the GV service. Is there a key or *code that could connect this OBI110 phone to the established PSTN call. Under normal circumstances, we can use this OBI110 phone to make local calls using the PSTN line. The OBI110 chooses which service to initiate the calls based on the number called.

That's about as clear as mud, no?

Stewart

For the Phone port, set the value of EnableLINEPortBargeIn to (checked).

Then, while the machine is playing a greeting or recording a message, pick up the OBi phone, hear dial tone and press #.  You should be connected to the PSTN caller.

Wilbour

I thought I had tried that, perhaps I did not wait for the dial tone or the EnableLINEPortBargeIn is not checked. I will look into this again.

Thanks

Wilbour

Followed the above advice but it does not work

I have EnableLINEPortBargeIn and tried pressing # to no avail. The ? beside the EnableLINEPortBargeIn setting clearly states "Enable PHONE user to barge in the LINE port.." What I want to do is the opposite. I want to use the LINE port and barge in to the PHONE already in progress. Am I missing something?

QBZappy

Wilbour,

I don't think your house is physically wired for that purpose. When your line is active on the other phone/answering machine on the PSTN, the one not connected to the OBi, and when you pick up the phone connected to your OBi it goes to GV VM. I think it behaves this way because the unit knows the line is busy. At the moment the OBi is not controlling the PSTN line. I think you would need to place the OBi in front of everything else. Does that make sense? Try something along those lines. If this works, you may need to remember that all the jacks in the house are directly connected to the CO line.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ProfTech

Are your connections connected like this?

PSTN Line -> Ans Machine
      |
      Obi
      |
   Telephone connected to Phone Port on Obi

If this is the way they are connected then pressing # on the telephone should connect you to the call in progress.

Stewart

Quote from: Wilbour on June 01, 2012, 06:48:44 AMI have EnableLINEPortBargeIn and tried pressing # to no avail. The ? beside the EnableLINEPortBargeIn setting clearly states "Enable PHONE user to barge in the LINE port.." What I want to do is the opposite. I want to use the LINE port and barge in to the PHONE already in progress.
If I understand you correctly, EnableLINEPortBargeIn is exactly what you want.  There is a call in progress that was picked up by the answering machine, i.e. it's on the Line port, not flowing through the OBi at all.  You pick up a phone connected to the Phone port; pressing # should "barge in" (connect the phone to the Line port).

Confirm that the Value column for EnableLINEPortBargeIn is checked; the Default column should not be checked.

When the system is idle and you pick up the phone connected to the Phone port and press #, you should hear a click and then dialtone from your PSTN line.  If that is not the case, please describe what you hear.

When there is an incoming call and the answering machine is playing your greeting or recording a message, when you pick up the phone connected to the Phone port, you should hear dial tone.  Then, when you press #, you should be immediately connected to the incoming caller.  If that is not the case, please describe what you hear.

Wilbour

Quote from: ProfTech on June 01, 2012, 10:02:55 AM
Are your connections connected like this?

PSTN Line -> Ans Machine
      |
      Obi
      |
   Telephone connected to Phone Port on Obi

If this is the way they are connected then pressing # on the telephone should connect you to the call in progress.

Yup, that's what I have.

I now discovered a few misconceptions I had. I thought if the default was checked that the feature was checked as well, but that was not the case.
When I made the change I just rebooted the unit and did not "submit" the change.
I have since done all that but have to wait until the morning to test it out.

Thanks again for your help

Wilbour

Ok, so I did a quick test and it seemed to work YES!

Thank God for smart people! Now I can tell my wife "I" fixed the phone.  ;)