News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110-comcast issue

Started by twentyfootdrop, May 31, 2012, 06:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twentyfootdrop

Hello everyone at the OBiTALK Community! I've run into a problem with my Obi110: after switching ISPs from frontier to comcast, my obi cannot make or receive any calls. I had it directly connected to my modem via a switch, as it never worked properly connected to my Belkin F5D8233 router. I couldn't find anyone else with my exact issue, and I'm at a loss as to how to get it working again.

Stewart

If your cable modem has Wi-Fi or more than one Ethernet port, it is a router/modem combination.  You should connect the OBi directly to an Ethernet port on the modem, and you will probably have to change some modem settings.  In general, try turning off anythng related to SPI, SIP, ALG, or firewall.  If you can't figure it out, post make and model and perhaps someone here can help.

However, if it's just a "dumb" modem with one Ethernet connection, the switch scheme won't work anymore, because the modem will only "see" one attached device at a time.  You will need to connect the Belkin WAN port directly to the modem and connect to OBi to one of the Belkin's LAN ports.  Of course, you'll also have to determine why the Belkin and OBi don't play well together and fix that.

Post some details about what is wrong.  Does ***1 report an IP address?  Can you access the OBi's web page?  Does the echo test work?  What services do you have configured?  Do any work?  What error or message occurs when you try to call?

twentyfootdrop

Quote from: Stewart on June 01, 2012, 12:33:02 AM
However, if it's just a "dumb" modem with one Ethernet connection, the switch scheme won't work anymore, because the modem will only "see" one attached device at a time.  You will need to connect the Belkin WAN port directly to the modem and connect to OBi to one of the Belkin's LAN ports.  Of course, you'll also have to determine why the Belkin and OBi don't play well together and fix that.

Post some details about what is wrong.  Does ***1 report an IP address?  Can you access the OBi's web page?  Does the echo test work?  What services do you have configured?  Do any work?  What error or message occurs when you try to call?

Thanks for your response! I indeed have just a basic "dumb" modem. It's an Ubee D3.0. My router is a Belkin F5D8233-4v3 and both the router and the modem are plugged into a Dell PowerConnect 2224 switch. I ran a tool from the obi site that changed my Obi110 settings to get it working with CallCentric, but other then that the settings are all default. After dialing ***1 it reports that my ip address is not available, and that my DHCP is enabled. Whenever I try to call a number it reports "The number you have dialed has not received a response from the service provider." Plugging the obi into the router and then the router directly into the modem doesn't appear to have changed anything, as far as I can tell.

Stewart

With the OBi connected to a LAN port on the Belkin, can it pull an IP address (as reported by ***1)?  If not, try setting option 27 as described in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3252.0 .  If no luck, try using the Dell switch to "launder" the connection: plug the OBi into a switch port, connect another switch port to a router LAN port and connect the router WAN port to the modem.

If you get an IP address but still can't register with Callcentric, try changing X_UserAgentPort for SP1 from 5060 to 5070, and/or setting X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix for ITSP Profile A -> SIP.