News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forward SP4 on a Obi202

Started by Billt928, June 01, 2012, 02:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billt928

How do I set up call forwarding on a Obi202? What I want to do is call forward only call coming in on SP4 and route them out through SP1 or SP2. Can this be done? if so how?

if it can can it be enabled and disabled from the phone handset?

SP1 and SP4 are setup with Callcentric and Obi's *72 for call forwarding presents a problem since Callcentric uses *72 to enable call treatments

also how can I enable a dialtone after dialing **1, **2, **3, **4?

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: Billt928 on June 01, 2012, 02:53:17 PMhow can I enable a dialtone after dialing **1, **2, **3, **4?

It's done in your phone port DigitMap setting (which you will need to use OBi Expert Configuration to change, unless you're configuring your device manually).  For example, let's say you have a string that looks like this (between two bar characters):

**1(Msp1)

If you change it to

**1{t=od}(Msp1)

It will play the "Outbound Dial Tone" after you dial **1 (which is a higer pitched, more "european" dial tone).

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=552.msg3775#msg3775 for additional options.

While you are in the Expert Configuration, take a look at Voice Services | SP4 Service | Calling Features section.  That's where you'd set up call forwarding for SP4 only.  You should just be able to use the normal prefix on the forwarding number, such as **118005551212 to forward to 1-800-555-1212 using SP1.  EDIT:  I was wrong on this, see Billt928's second message after this one for the correct format.  That will teach me to just assume something should work, just because it would be the correct format in other places in the configuration (such as a speed dial setting).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Billt928

the dial tone settings work

Call forwarding refused to work at all

*72, results in all numbers going directly to voicemail without ringing
the settings that MT suggested also did not work, no call forwarding but for some reason port 2 that is configured for only SP2 answers (fax) for all except sp1

If I use MT's settings for forwarding sp4 to a cell phone. SP2 answers and port 1 rings erratically

If I try these same settings on sp1 and call that number all it does is ring from the calling phone, no voice mail. the called phone does not ring and the number that its forwarded to does not ring

This is very frustrating that a simple task like this just will not work.
its like the obi202 does not care what the settings are

Billt928

Figured it out

I created a Star Code of *71 (*72 conflicted with Callecntric)
Then I added this Line *71, Call Forward Unconditional SP4, coll(SP4($cfan)),set(SP4($cfa),1)
This can be enabled from the handset by dialing *71 1-555-555-7777# (Desired number)
The OBi202 will default outbound call to SP1 just like using the aa.

Also It seems the proper format for MT's suggestion is SP1(1800555xxxx) to forward to 1-800-555-xxxx using SP1

Billt928

Quote from: MichiganTelephone on June 02, 2012, 09:06:09 AM
Quote from: Billt928 on June 01, 2012, 02:53:17 PMhow can I enable a dialtone after dialing **1, **2, **3, **4?

It's done in your phone port DigitMap setting (which you will need to use OBi Expert Configuration to change, unless you're configuring your device manually).  For example, let's say you have a string that looks like this (between two bar characters):

**1(Msp1)

If you change it to

**1{t=od}(Msp1)

It will play the "Outbound Dial Tone" after you dial **1 (which is a higer pitched, more "european" dial tone).

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=552.msg3775#msg3775 for additional options.

While you are in the Expert Configuration, take a look at Voice Services | SP4 Service | Calling Features section.  That's where you'd set up call forwarding for SP4 only.  You should just be able to use the normal prefix on the forwarding number, such as **118005551212 to forward to 1-800-555-1212 using SP1.  EDIT:  I was wrong on this, see Billt928's second message after this one for the correct format.  That will teach me to just assume something should work, just because it would be the correct format in other places in the configuration (such as a speed dial setting).

I would have expected the same with your suggestions.

I figured it out after making a star map and seeing what it put in that field for forwarding. but now that I know the formatting it can be sent out of any SPx. one note is "DO NOT ENABLE CALLER ID SPOOFING" It will send all call right to voicemail. the only drawback to doing this way is the only caller id you will see is your own from the SPx line you are dialing out on.

If you need the caller id with callcentric and use call treatments or DID forwarding they will charge per minute for both inbound and outbound segments separately even if you have an unlimited inbound DID.