News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Verify number from GV on remote Obi

Started by tome, June 02, 2012, 05:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tome

I have an existing (working) Obi at a remote location.  I want to add a new forwarding number to the associated GV account.  Google wants to ring the phone there to have me enter two digit verification code.   I am trying to think of an easy way to have this call forwarded to either my other (local) Obi, or a my cell phone so I can verify the number.  

I tried setting CallForwardUnconditionalNumber and CallForwardUnconditionalEnable in the SP1 Service options but this didn't work.  I tried using a cell phone number as well as putting in the local Obi # (prefixed with **9) but neither worked.  Not sure why, but is there another way to do what I want?

EDIT:  I realized it was SP2 that would be ringing, not SP1.  But still adding CallForwardUnconditional* didn't cause the incoming call to be forwarded (for some reason)....

Tom

tome

Attached is the call status when GV tries to call for verification. The incoming call (on SP2) has the Peer Number of my main GV account number (see attachment:  Number changed to AAABBBCCCC).   Not sure if that matters...

Tom

Stewart

The call was only routed to the Phone port, so recheck the forwarding settings; perhaps they were not saved.

However, I wouldn't push my luck to get DTMF through that path.  Just temporarily disable SP2 and set up a softphone or other device at your present location to register to that account.  You should then get the verification call directly.

tome

Quote from: Stewart on June 02, 2012, 08:05:35 AM
The call was only routed to the Phone port, so recheck the forwarding settings; perhaps they were not saved.

However, I wouldn't push my luck to get DTMF through that path.  Just temporarily disable SP2 and set up a softphone or other device at your present location to register to that account.  You should then get the verification call directly.

Good idea, thanks.   I disabled Callcentric on the Obi and set it up on X-Lite on my computer, verified the number and put everything back.

Tom