News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit Map and InBound/OutboundCallRoute Wizard

Started by meokey, June 06, 2012, 04:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meokey

For most ppl who are not geek, even for me who work in IT but not in programming, writing a Digit Map or Route correctly is not a easy thing, and that's why a plenty of posts in this forum are about how to write Digit Maps or Routes.

Is there any possible to have a wizard integrated into the Device Configuration page in Dashboard, where user can input their intention in some combined inputboxes/dropboxes, and the wizard will be smart enough to create Digit Map and/or Route for users.

For example:

User input/select on Wizard page:

I want to add prefix <areacode> to <number>
I want <number>,<number>,<areacode>,<areacode> go to (sp2)[, <number>,<areacode> to to (sp3)][, and all others go to (sp1)]
I want incoming calls from trusted <number>,<number> to be able to call <number>,<areacode> via (sp2) as gateway
and so on

here, users still can use x, X, @, ., [], etc as a part of number or areacode, which is not too hard for users to understand.

I believe with help of this sort of wizard, OBi will be much more accepable, enjoyable, and easier to use by ppl and more successful.

Shiblee

Hi, I want all incoming call in a OBI200 SP1 (IP Telephone) to be transferred to another OBi200 attached phone. What are the things to setup?

Thanks.

azrobert

Voice Services -> SP1 Services -> X_InboundCallRoute
The default is: ph
Change it to: ph,pp(510222222)
Replace 510222222 with the OBi number of the 2nd OBi200
This will ring the phones on both OBi200's

Use the OBi Expert to make the change

This thread is for feature requests and not setup questions.
If you have more questions on this or other setups, please ask them under the "Installation and Setup" thread.
Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: Shiblee on January 13, 2015, 07:06:57 AM
Thanks... ;D
I will use a OBi200 (1) as SP1 gateway. If I call from another OBi200 (2) how to ring at attached phone (of 1)?
azrobert wrote:
"This thread is for feature requests and not setup questions.
If you have more questions on this or other setups, please ask them under the "Installation and Setup" thread."