News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan explanation

Started by QBZappy, December 02, 2010, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

We need an explanation of the dial plan rules. Can someone please post explanation with samples.
Thanks

This is a follow up. I was in touch with a tech support person. He was helpful in troubleshooting my setup. We did not figure out why the unit did not register to the Grandstream GXE 5024 PBX, however it registered immediately to an Asterisk PBX as an extension. We spoke on the phone  Obi to Obi. The quality of conversation was very good. He was calling from California (I think), I was in Montreal. He emailed me the following I think others might find useful, as I'm sure this is the only info out there related to the Obi dial plan until they issue more documentation.

"Now, explanation on the dialplan that we have.

"M" stands for DigitMap, if you look at the configuration, there are unique configuration For DigitMap on calls via SP1 (Msp1), DigitMap on calls via sp2 (Msp2), Digitmap on obi to obi calls / (Mpp) DigitMap for your PrimaryLine (Mpli) - this one will be applied to whatever setting Your PrimaryLine currently points to.

i.e:
for Msp1, click on left column "ITSP Profile A" -> General see DigitMap on right column for Msp2, click on left column "ITSP Profile B" -> General see DigitMap on right column

CallReturnDigitMaps
Mean how you set the dialplan for a call back to the number that you see from Incoming callerID.

Our "admin guide" will be available soon, and it will also cover dial plan.
- Obihai Support Team"
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

OBiSupport

DigitMap as indicated earlier, is specific to the SP or outgoing trunk interface.
For example in SP1 (ITSP Profile A -> General), Also referred to as Msp1 - default setting is:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

1xxxxxxxxxx = 1 followed by 10 digits. This is good for typical (US-style) domestic calling.
<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx = 1 is optional followed by 10 digits that start with any digit from 2 to 9.
011xx. = US-style international dialing. Dial 011 followed by any numbe.r
xx. = Is any number, any length.

Now you might ask if "xx." is the wildcard, then why not use it only?
Because the best user experience will occur if the OBi can match the number sooner and then send
to the service than having to wait for the timeout (10 seconds) to expire.

DigitMap names associated to the various OBi interfaces are as follows:
Msp1 = DigitMap for SP1
Msp2 = DigitMap for SP2
Mpli = DigitMap for Primary Line
Mpp  = DigitMap for PP (OBiTALK)

Any of the above can be "included" in any DigitMap.
For example, in your DigitMap for SP2, you can include Msp1 to include the SP1's settings for DigitMap to apply to SP2.

More examples:
xxxxxxxS4 = Dial the entered 7 digit string after 4 seconds.
<S4:1234> = Call 1234 if no digits entered for 4 seconds.
obxxxxxxxxx = "ob" followed by 9 digits is an OBiTALK call.

- Obihai Support Team

RonR

Is [x*]. valid to mean 'zero or more occurrences of the set' as it is in the PAP2?

OBi-Guru

x means 0-9
x. means zero or more occurrences of 0-9

yet x can't be inside the square bracket

instead of [x*].  please do [0-9*].

RonR

Quote from: OBi-Guru on February 14, 2011, 02:09:28 PMinstead of [x*].  please do [0-9*].
As long as that means zero or more occurrences of a digit or an asterisk, that'll do.   :)

Thanks!

RonR

Quote from: RonR on February 14, 2011, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: OBi-Guru on February 14, 2011, 02:09:28 PMinstead of [x*].  please do [0-9*].
As long as that means zero or more occurrences of a digit or an asterisk, that'll do.   :)

Thanks!
OBi-Guru,

[0-9*]. is not working:

Phone Port Primary Line : SP1 Service

Phone Port DigitMap : (911|**0|***|(Mpli)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp))

Phone Port OutboundCallRoute : {911:li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

ITSPA DigitMap : (x[0-9*].)

SP1 X_ServProvProfile : A

As soon as the second digit is dialed, the number is immediately sent to the service provider.  Adding S4 to the ITSPA DigitMap has no effect.

The problem is the same with just:

(x[0-9].)

The DigitMap I really want is one which I use in a PAP2:

(*xxx[0-9*].|<#:>xx[0-9*].|<:0>x[0-9*].)

obi-support2

RonR,

We have verified that [x*] and x[0-9*]. do not work as expected in current firmware.
We will be posting a fix for these soon.

Unfortunately I cannot think of a good work around, other than just repeating
the pattern for as many times as necessary, such as, ...

(x|x[0-9*]|x[0-9*][0-9*]|x[0-9*][0-9*][0-9*]|x[0-9*][0-9*][0-9*][0-9*]|...)

You can also contact support@obihai.com if you are interested in trying out a test
load with the fix.

Thanks -
Obihai Support Team

OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

murzik

Correct me if I am wrong,
(1xxxxxxxxxS0) - 11 digits US number,
Or
(<1xxx> [2-9]xxxxxxS0) – 7 digits US number
Will be dialed immediately after criteria are met?

For some reason this is not working for me.

RonR

Quote from: murzik on March 18, 2011, 07:27:43 PM
(1xxxxxxxxxS0) - 11 digits US number
You only have space for 9 digits and you need 10:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0)

Quote from: murzik on March 18, 2011, 07:27:43 PM
(<1xxx> [2-9]xxxxxxS0) – 7 digits US number
You have a space that doesn't belong there (I haven't tested to see what problems, if any, that cause).  '<1xxx>' needs to be '<1aaa>' where aaa is your local area code (I can't tell if that's what you meant or you had actually put 'xxx' there).

If you're using only these two rules together in the same DigitMap, it should work:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

If you have additional rules in the same DigitMap, the S0 in the second rule may be problematic.

S0 is broken in non-beta versions of firmware (I don't know what the earliest beta version is that fixes this problem).

murzik

Thanks RonR

Quote from: RonR on March 18, 2011, 08:10:15 PM
If you're using only these two rules together in the same DigitMap, it should work:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS0)

This is exactly what I have and I am running latest beta.  But for some reason S0 have no effect.

RonR

murzik,

I was told that S0 was fixed in build 2081.  I'll try your case in a little while and report what I experience.

RonR

murzik,

When I was about to start testing your DigitMap, it dawned on me that in this particular case, S0 won't have any effect because both rules are effectively S0 already.  When either rule goes into the Exactly Matched state the other will be in the Mismatch state, so the DMP returns the matched rule's value immediately.

murzik

RonR

If S0 is matched already, or S0 is working, then 11 or 7 digits US number should be dialed immediately after I press last digit.  It should be as fast as I would have pressed # after last digit. But it is not.

RonR

Quote from: murzik on March 19, 2011, 11:50:01 AMIt should be as fast as I would have pressed # after last digit. But it is not.
There's no difference here.  Is this your complete DigitMap (with or without any S0's)?:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx)

Is your PrimaryLine pointing to this DigitMap (or you're explicity utilizing it using **?)?  Please elaborate on the total picture.

murzik

I've tried both  with S0 and without, makes no difference, but using # at the end always make number to be dialed much faster.
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx) is my complete digimap for GV, this is my secondary lane, but I have outbound rule set to be {(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}, so I do not have to use **.

RonR

The routes in your PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute do not come into play here (other than routing the call out the desired port).

I'm assuming the '(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx)' DigitMap is in ITSPA, ITSPB, or LINE.  Unless your PrimaryLine points to the one that has this DigitMap, it will never be evaluated unless you use **1, **2, or **8 to access it.  My guess is that S0 has no effect because the DigitMap you're modifying is never being used.

murzik

Quote from: RonR on March 19, 2011, 04:48:35 PM
I'm assuming the '(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx)' DigitMap is in ITSPA, ITSPB, or LINE.  Unless your PrimaryLine points to the one that has this DigitMap, it will never be evaluated unless you use **1, **2, or **8 to access it.  My guess is that S0 has no effect because the DigitMap you're modifying is never being used.

Digimap is always in use.
for example I have Digimap '(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx)' for ITSPB and (011xx.|*xxx) for ITSPA, if I will remove '(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx)' and just leave Digimap emty, then I am not able to make calls to US.

RonR

Is your PHONE Port DigitMap at the default value?

Where is your PrimaryLine set to?

What is the DigitMap on your PrimaryLine?

Which SPx uses with ISPB?

Are you simply dialing test numbers without any **? (such as 12345678901 and 2345678)?

murzik

Yes. Phone Port Digit Map at the default value.

Primary line is set to SP2.

DigitMap for the primary line is (011xx.|*xxx.|xxx.)

SP2 is in use with ITSPB. SP2 is my sip provider.

SP1 with ITSPA  set to Google voice.

DigitMap for ITSPA  (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx)

I am simply dialing numbers without **. Because I have rule set on Phone port { (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}